Author Topic: It's been a while.  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
It's been a while.
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:46:49 PM »
And it's good to see you all again and see that this place is still ticking over.

I'm afraid I haven't come back to stay; there's just too much happening in my life for me to have much time for Lemmings. Maybe one day I'll come back. Maybe one day I'll devote myself to learning how to be a really good Lemmings solver and designer. We can all dream, can't we?

If anyone wants an update on what's been happening to me -- I've been taking a year out to re-evaluate my career plans (you may remember that I completed my MA in philosophy last summer) and I've also used the time to finish the novel I've been working on for so long, The Adventures of Athribar. I say finish, but it still needs a complete rewrite, which I'm just starting now, before it's ready to send to publishers. I'm now thinking of going into high-school mathematics teaching.

Anyone interested in puzzle games other than Lemmings should check out Repton on http://www.superiorinteractive.com ; as well as the three (so far) Repton games you can buy expansion packs with completely new levels, including some designed by me!

So, who's still around who remembers me?  ;)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: It's been a while.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 02:21:14 AM »
Hey, Nuntar! (or should I say Ahribar?) I remember that we both joined the forums at about the same time, almost 3 years ago now. Wow, time flies, I almost said 2 years...

Good to see you're still around. Most people around these parts are in a similar situation -- busy, and not really playing Lemmings much or at all nowadays.

Good luck with your novel and with teaching if you pursue that route. Our schools really do need more good math teachers.