Author Topic: Flooding in UK  (Read 6218 times)

(corrupt username)

Flooding in UK
« on: July 26, 2007, 03:03:56 AM »
I read up on a topic that said in Tewkesbury, England emergancy workers rescued hundereds of trapped people from the worst flooding to hit England in 60 years.  :shocked: Roads under water, trains and subways out of order, no electricity or drinking water, and crops were destroyed. There is even a stadium by Oxford that was set up to hold 1500 people if the Thames flooded. This is no ordinary flooding it almost sounds like hurricane katrina in the US. New Orleans was devastaded with rubble and cars floating down roads with disease and viruses spreading throghout the city.  I was woundering if the UK had any clean up planss made or ways to prevent further Flooding?

:thumbsup: Also this is my first post here at Lemmings forums :thumbsup:

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
Re: Flooding in UK
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »
I'm a native and I have no freakin' clue.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:27:44 PM »
Really? That's odd. What are you a native of? Meaning, do you live on the Thames? Because from what I heard, this flood was sort of hard to miss. That's not really what bothers me though. The rain was probably the main cause, but I'm wondering how big of a part global warming played in it. If New York floods next, I'll conclude that it was the main cause.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:31:57 PM »
Yeah, I know it was there. And is still there.

I think.

Meant I have no idea about preventative stuff. And I'm pretty sure Global Warming's got something to do with it... Last year was the warmest in over forty years, and now we've had the worst rain in over forty years. And virtually no Summer.

Go people who think nothing's happening...

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 03:01:02 AM »
:agree:     :XD: