Author Topic: The Lemmings Solution  (Read 18806 times)

Re: The Lemmings Solution
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 05:57:02 PM »
Time for an update:

I played classic level 19 through 25 (found an really easy solution, better then the one on lemnet chronicles).

Haven't figured 26 out yet.

When I've finished all classis levels I'm gonna combine all the screenshots for classic levels 19 - 30.

Update 14 / 6 / 2007: just reached level classic 28.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 05:20:18 AM »
For your The Tribes walkthrough. I haven't completed the game yet, but here's some things I have found:

ALL IN A KNIGHTS WORK!! (Medieval) - You have it listed as one lemming dies in this level. I have been able to complete it with all lemmings alive.
RUPER'Z QUESTLING (Egyptian) - There is a MUCH quicker way to beat this level, however, the amount saved remains unchanged.
Ceci n'est pas une pipe. (Sports) - It's quite easy to lose only two lemmings here.

I'll let you know if/when I find anything else.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 06:16:22 AM »
tnx :).

fyi: I'm not planning to do any updates yet on finished games, this will be done when I've finished all games. But don't worry, if you mail the solutions to lemmings-solution@wanadoo.nl I will use them when I have time.

PS Make sure you use the word "Lemmings" in your subject, all other mails go directly in the trashbin.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 07:40:51 PM »
Update 19 / 6 / 2007: Found a solution for level classic 28 (had some help using existing solutions).. haven't got it finished though yet since it is a hard level....

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »
Am I the only one who is getting an error when trying to visit the site?

EDIT: It appears to have been a bandwidth problem for today, the site has gone back up at midnight in the Netherlands.

If you want any help with the SEGA Master System exclusive levels, I am able to give solutions for most.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 01:03:53 AM »
:agree: I must say that the lag is even back again! :( WTF?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 04:51:14 AM »
Am I the only one who is getting an error when trying to visit the site?

EDIT: It appears to have been a bandwidth problem for today, the site has gone back up at midnight in the Netherlands.

If you want any help with the SEGA Master System exclusive levels, I am able to give solutions for most.

Me too.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 06:24:39 AM »
I appreciate all your help :D. When I'm ready to start on the different ports I will post here, so just wait :).

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
Update 21 / 6 / 2007: Finished all classic levels, saved a total of 59 lemmings (does someone know there are 60 to be saved?) Now it's time for me to create combined screenshot solutions out of 300 seperate screenshots. Wish me luck :D.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 08:33:51 PM »
Update: 24 / 06 / 2007: I'm glad to inform you that all the Lemmings 3 - classic tribe levels are finished and online, enjoy watching them.

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 07:09:21 AM »
Update: 28 / 06 / 2007: Well, I am currently working on the Egyptian tribe and have screenshots waiting for level 1 - 19.

I must say that the Egyptian tribe is way easier then classic, do you agree?

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 06:02:01 PM »
Update 03 / 07 / 2007: Here is a small preview for Lemmings 3D

Level 1
Take a dive
Number of Lemmings 80
79 To Be Saved
Release Rate 80
Time 8 Minutes

#1 #2 #3

The lemmings will walk to the top, make the first lemming a turner when he is at the second highest jumpboard (image #1).

Some explanation:

The bar is a know thing as seen on my website, it shows every action you have available for this level.

The overview will consist of a zoomed out map in the upper left corner and the best camera position that will show the complete level. Note that every level can and will have a different zoom in the screenshot. This totally depends on how large a level is. The final image dimensions are 308x200.

The actions are zoomed in on the level where I try to capture enough surrounding level so the position in the level should be obviously. The final image dimensions are 180x150. In this example I duplicated the same action 3 times to show how I will show multiple actions. They are on one line and will go to another line if you resize your browser. Also, I will make screenshots for every action, in the order they are applied.

I will refer to the action images in the written solution with something like "(image #1)".

Please post your comments if this is the way you would like to see the solutions for Lemmings 3D or if you have a better idea or a suggestion. I'm not making videos ;).

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »
That works. You'll probably need to provide multiple shots for some levels, the worst offender I can think of being Tower Of Lemlab. :P (Although you can solve this level using only the entrance and exit areas, and the part the lemmings walk on between the first and second fall, so if you're only showing the important parts...)

You may also want to highlight exactly where in the level each action takes place.

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 12:20:16 PM »
That works. You'll probably need to provide multiple shots for some levels, the worst offender I can think of being Tower Of Lemlab. :P

You may also want to highlight exactly where in the level each action takes place.

Yeah, that's probably needed, multiple shots. I deal with that when I reach such a level.

The highlighting you mention, I wanted to do that, place numbers in the overview screenshot. But I couldn't get text with an outline in The Gimp (the editor I use under Ubuntu) in an easy way.

If someone can give me a quick way to place outlined text in the screenshit with Gimp, please tell me.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 06:18:03 PM »
Nice typo. :P

I'd say the easiest way is to just precreate digits with outlines (it's only ten different digits) and copy/paste them in. Here, if you need them: