Author Topic: My own Lemmings remake! ^_^ (now completed... check 3rd post)  (Read 9310 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
EDIT: Just for the record, it seems the "linking old posts to users" messed up on this topic. The posts mentioned as being by Mr. K here are actually by namida.

Yup, basically doing like the Lemmings Remake thing except my own one by myself.

So far I have made 60 levels, and am aiming for either 100 or 125 (haven't decided on the final figure yet. Possibly even 150 if I feel like it).

Here is a 15 level demo (three from each difficulty) so far. This uses the Windows version of the game.
**Link removed, see 3rd post for full version link**

Just extract it to a seperate folder, run the game, and if nessecary create a new player name (from under the File menu) which will now have these 15 levels.

Just like in the original, you have to beat each level to progress to the next in the same difficulty. :P

Since I haven't made enough levels in the "Hell" difficulty yet, the first level under it in this demo is one that will probably be appearing under "Cave" in the final release. All others are in the difficulties they most likely will stay in, however the order may change.

Modifications to expect in the final version:
"Chain Reaction" will have 30 builders instead of 20
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:25:22 AM by namida »

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: My own Lemmings remake! ^_^
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
Just for those who want to try for 100%:

Heaven - All three are possible to 100%
Sky - All three are possible to 100%
Earth - "Death In All Directions" is not possible to 100%, the other two are (one of them requires it)
Cave - Only "The "Lemming" Paradox" is possible to 100%, and it requires it anyway
Hell - Only "Mt. Lemmik" is possible to 100%, and it requires it anyway

And for those who are interested, the translation of the Korean level name is "Hello, Mr Lemming".

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: My own Lemmings remake! ^_^ (now completed... check 3rd post)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:44:48 AM »
I have now completed this. You can get the full version here:
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/JIHOON.zip

In the end, I only made 80 levels, I also reduced it to only four difficulty levels instead of five. This pack does have a lot of duplicate levels, and there are two different levels that take a similar function to "We All Fall Down". Those are "Retreat!!!"(which is fairly clear that I stole the idea for from one of the Genesis levels), and "Dude, where's my exit?"(which I personally find more fun, although it's hard to say since I already know where each exit is).

Some of the levels are 100%able, some aren't, as is usual for my superpacks. Here is a list of those that aren't:
**Link removed, see bottom post as it's updated**
However, some of the ones that aren't listed as impossible to 100% are still INSANELY hard to do so on. "Build the way", "Tribute to Timfoxxy", "As Complicated As It Looks" and "Seven ways to kill a lemming" are especially hard to acheive 100% on. (The first two actually require it in their repeat versions, however - one of them with only half the skills)

Some of the levels may seem familiar. "Death In All Directions" is indeed a near-identical remake of a previous Cheapo level of mine, whereas "From Here To Anywhere" uses a terrain design based on one of them, and "The worst is still to come"/"Hell Has Frozen Over" use a near-identical terrain design although the solution is rather different.

I may or may not write a walkthrough at a later date.

You could probably try using Lemmini or the DOS version to play the levels if you want, however due to differences in mechanics, some may be impossible, harder, easier, or have backroutes. Due to the large difference in fall distance, I wouldn't reccomend trying to convert them to Cheapo. :P If there's enough interest in it, I may do a cheapo remake of these. (Although some levels - specifically thinking of "Dude, where's my exit?" and "The Diving Board" here - wouldn't work in Cheapo and would have to either be removed or replaced with new levels)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:42:04 PM »
Sounds interesting.
I will soon create Lemmings Clones for Windows with external data instead of built in into the executable.
Soon means 'within about 3 months' :)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:30:50 PM »
Again, the file portal doesn't work for me for some reason.

Can you email this? insteve[at]gmail[dot]com.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 11:50:41 PM »
I tried but it didn't let me send. ;-;

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 08:32:01 AM »
I did.

gmail doesn't allow to send .zip archives with executables inside; you've got to rename the .zip to something else.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 03:46:54 AM »
What did you all think? What were your favourite levels?

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »
I've just started playing your levels, and they're pretty fun!!! I shall get back to you once I've played most of them though!

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 12:34:31 AM »
Thanks.

In general, I tried to create more of the short, fun levels that (later on) require clever thinking, rather than the long tedious build-to-victory ones, although there are some exceptions.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 05:15:53 PM »
Did anyone manage to beat this yet? :P

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
I've figured out the exact minimum amount losable on Star Unit 17. I can't be bothered updating the actual file at this point, so I'll just post it here: It's possible to beat losing only two lemmings.

Edit: Also, the comment about Pipeline Problem is wrong. It IS possible to save 100%.
Edit: And I've now managed 100% on Death In All Directions.
Edit: Find Your Own Way Home, 16 of 30 is possible.
Edit: Lemming Crossover, 19 of 20 is possible.

So, the final listing, changes in bold(note that Death In All Directions and Pipeline Problem have been removed entirely from the list):

==HEAVEN==
Blast On Through (3 lost) <--- I initially stated 2 for this, but I have been unable to recreate this.
Block 'n Load (3 lost)
Stop, Block and Blow (8 lost)

==SKY==
Blastin' On Up (2 lost)
Crash the Party (5 lost)
Timetwister (2 lost)
YOUR LEM A SPLODE (1 lost)
Nuclear Lemmings (4 lost)
(Despite what the name and nature of the level may suggest, "Seven ways to kill a lemming" IS possible to acheive 100% on)

==EARTH==
Find Your Own Way Home (14 lost)
Abombination (8 lost)
Nazi Lemming (2 lost)
Absolute Zero (2 lost)
Block the miner! (1 lost)

==HELL==
Quickly from here... (2 lost)
Lemmanium-235 (4 lost)
Double Your Lemmings (1 lost)
Lair of the Fallen Lemming (2 lost)
Star Unit 17 (2 lost)
HELLFIRE (4 lost)
Lemming Crossover (1 lost)
The Diving Board (1 lost)

Total lemmings lost: 72

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 05:41:33 PM »
Anyone beat this yet? :P