Author Topic: Extracting levels from the Amiga version  (Read 21642 times)

WNivek

Re: Extracting levels from the Amiga version
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »
I've had a look on the Lemmings File Archive and the Lemmings File Portal, and I can't find any mention of the Xmas '91, '92 or Holiday 1994 levels... would anybody happen to have them handy?  :winktounge:

The DOS versions of '91, '92, '93 (both demo and full) and '94 (demo only) can be downloaded from Lemmings Universe. (You can also find Amiga and Mac versions of '92, plus the Covox demo and Lemmings Companion bonus disk, both for DOS.)
Alternatively, you can acquire '91 through '94 (full) in one package from Abandonia.com.

PlanetEmu.net has Amiga versions of '93 and '94.
(remember, "Telecharger" is French for "Download".)

By the way, it may be worth noting that the third and fourth levels from XMas Lemmings '91 are absolutely identical to Crazy 14 and Wicked 3 from ONML.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 04:29:52 AM »
I have them all if you want.

You don't need "Holiday Lemmings 93" as the levels are already included in "Holiday Lemmings 94".

Bad thing is "Holiday Lemmings 94" automatically sets the mode to "PC Compatibles" and Dosbox 0.70 supports "High Performance PCs".
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

MattKamineko

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 12:30:55 AM »
If you've got all of the seperate .lvl files for these levels Dragons then that would just be awesome.  :thumbsup:

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 03:50:24 AM »
Ok. I'll do that using Lemmix Level Editor.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 07:09:36 PM »
UP!

Done! Enjoy!

Download

Notices that these levels are from the Dos version of the games.

MattKamineko

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 11:11:40 PM »
UP!

Done! Enjoy!

Download

Notices that these levels are from the Dos version of the games.

Ooooooh! Ho ho ho! You are excellent and great!

*pours levels into machine and slowly turns gigantic crank*

This... *heave*... won't take a moment.

MattKamineko

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 02:15:16 AM »
Alrighty, everything seems groovy, except for one level. Xmas Lemmings 93 Level 8 : Vacation in Gemland. I can't figure out what graphics set this level set is supposed to use... In Mindless' online level mapper it looks like this

Is it a special graphics level, or is something just mixed up a bit here?

Edit - Ahhh. My mistake. I must have skipped that 'Rock' style as I was testing each one.

That's better, eh?  :thumbsup:

MattKamineko

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 06:34:39 PM »
*bing*

*opens microwave*

Get 'em while they're... cold.

WNivek

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 05:59:33 PM »
Ah, if only I had a DS...  Nice work. :)  I see, though, that your count of included levels is still counting the second two from XMas 91, which are direct dupes from ONML...

Have you considered also including the levels from Covox Lemmings, and the Lemmings Companion bonus disk? Okay, so they wouldn't exactly be a major addition to the level set (8 in Covox, 16 in Companion), but they are, as far as I'm aware, official...

Might also be a good idea to consider including the 100 (or so) levels which were unique to the Genesis/MegaDrive version. ccexplore worked out a way to extract them...

one last thought before clicking 'Post':  "Going their separate ways"? "Ohayo Lemming-san"? The anti-special (Amiga Budget) levels? the Sega levels from MasterSystem Lemmings?

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 07:18:17 PM »
Did they? I don't know for sure, but from what I have read, there is a "one disk" and "two disks" version of the Amiga version and the special levels were added later. What would be a sensible reason for removing the extended graphic sets later on, after quite some effort has been invested to create them?

Sorry...just catching up.....well, better late than never.... :)

The 1st version was the Amiga one, and it had 2 disks. Disk 1 was the main game code and the intro. Disk 2 was the levels. The Original version had the 4 special levels and the 666 one (all of which done by me BTW). They were sometimes replaced in later versions/skews.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 09:49:37 PM »
But, Mike, why in the PC-Dos version of the game, some objects and skills were different/missing from the Amiga levels? Is it because of the memory? (I don't remember if this question was already asked to you. I'm sorry if so.) :(

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 07:00:32 AM »
Yeah.  memory and speed. Russell couldn't draw 100 lemmings (I think it was 80) so some levels were changed.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Holiday Lemmings '93 levels
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 01:33:22 AM »
Some of the levels on the Amiga version of Holiday Lemmings '93 are a bit different from the DOS version, and Flurry 8 is a completely different level. If anyone can rip them, that would be great.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:29:34 AM by Mindless »

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 06:20:41 AM »
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/files/amiga/amiga_holiday_93_levels.zip
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/files/amiga/amiga_holiday_94_levels.zip

I did these rips kind'a quick, so apologies if they're broken -- I didn't try them at all.

Yes, they work. I have noticed that two of the '93 levels are slightly different when played in the Amiga version of '94. One of them, Flurry 6, has steel areas placed on the steel terrain pieces, preventing lemmings from bashing through them. (In the '93 version, you were actually allowed to bash through the steel.)