Author Topic: Random blab  (Read 13519 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Random blab
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:13:40 AM »
I feel the need for a topic where we can just talk about whatever randomness comes to mind.  It seems that possibly we don't think we need a whole topic for it so we keep our words to ourselves.

This remedies that problem!  Let's talk about stuff!

To start, I finally ordered the most godly handheld system ever, the GP2X.  I hope that FedEx ships fast, I'm impatient...

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
Re: Random blab
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 01:44:20 AM »
To start, I finally ordered the most godly handheld system ever, the GP2X.  I hope that FedEx ships fast, I'm impatient...
I've been thinking of getting one of those for a while.  I wonder if/when they plan to release another system.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 01:49:46 AM »
Well they just released the GP2X in Nov. 2005, so I'd not expect something new for a while.

GamePark split up before the creation of the GP2X and the other half is making something called the XGP, but it seems more commercial based than homebrew based...

And now that my system is on the way I'm worrying about battery life.  All I have are normal AA batteries and apparently it eats them in around 30 minutes.  I hope my parents will pay for some rechargables (apparently work much better) and a good recharger (unlike the piece of junk I had from a few years ago), cause I spent every cent I had, literally, on the system.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:16:34 AM »
I suppose this is a good place to say that I wanted to stop in and say hi.  Don't really want to forget this place ;)

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »
That would be the third post I've seen of yours saying "Hi"  :P

My science teacher brought in Uranium today to show the class with a geiger counter that it emits stuff (after weeks of going over it, some people in my class still don't get it :XD:)

"so let me get this straight. You just taught us what this stuff can do, and now you expect us to come stand next to it for twenty minutes?"

By the by, what is a GP2X

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 02:07:04 PM »
Some sorta handheld made by some people who aren't a big company. I'm all for it but they failed miserably lately... They went near-bankrupt and now they're selling shoes.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 12:02:39 PM »
No, no, no, no, and no.

That's a big misconception.

In truth, after making the more-known GP32 handheld, Gamepark split up due to differing views on how they should make their next system.  Two companies were produced: Gamepark Holdings and Gamepark.  Gamepark made the vaporware product, the XGP, and just recently went bankrupt.  Gamepark Holdings is doing perfectly fine, with the GP2X.  Meaning that the company that makes this awesome handheld is not the one that went bankrupt!

I got mine a while ago... freakin' awesome.  Best handheld I've ever played once I got it all set up to meet my needs.  The emulators are stunning and the homebrew titles are a blast.  My 10-year-old brother liked it so much he just bought one of his own.  Battery life is a bit low, but I always have a few sets of spare rechargables, so I could theoretically go about 20 hours with them.

@dumb_lem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 01:20:39 AM »

i looked at the link, the thing looks sorta like a PSP. What's it do? I saw all these things coming out, like the X-box 360, the Wii, PS3, and then I realized they're connected to the internet, and that the PSP is sort of like a combination Nintendo DS/Ipod. THat's wierd, it's almost like the gaming consoles are turning into just really good gaming computers that can't be used for work. I got a DS, and I really don't intend on getting anything that does something other than play games, as I'm sure I'd make it explode or something in my ignorance of it.

EDIT: Isn't this topic basically the same as pointless information?

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »
I'm always worried about a tornado coming. I live in Tornado Alley. No, I don't live in Kansas. I live in Wisconsin.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 02:12:56 AM »
dumb lem: It plays homebrew and emulators, my two favorite things for game systems.  Theoretically it could become a work machine if someone coded a word processor or something. =P  Also, this isnt' really the same as pointless information because I believe the point of that topic was just to post random pointless information, not talk about things.

Lemmingsham: Does wisconsin really get that many tornadoes?  I don't hear about them and  I have family located there.

DrLemmingsham

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 04:54:20 PM »
Seriously. There ARE tornadoes here. Thank God they aren't often. One time is was just about 1/2 mile away. (Maybe not even that!) It flipped ovr a big truck, ripped the roof off a building, etc. Then, when I was a baby, Dad told me that there was one right next to our house. It hadn't touched the ground, thankfully. And hail pounded our siding to bits. (It was made of aluminum) We had to get vinel (Or however you spell it!) siding after that.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 03:18:54 AM »
I have too many thoughts, You take some and maybe you cna give me your worries about tornadoes. Isn't it vinyl? It's a wierd spelling and a wierd material. I need to figure out what that stuff is. I though it was something you used to make shoes, but I guess I was wrong. My science class just watched a movie that should be called one hundred and one ways that earth can be destroyed by forces completely outside our control. Why? If these events are truly ones that we have no control over, then what would the use be in worrying about them? What could we do to stop a meteor from annhilating the world? I know, the UN would intervene as it does to all threats to it's members. It would send coalition forces to fight the asteroid. And a conference would be necessary, yes we must have a conference. What kind of organization would this be if we didn't have conferences whenever earth-shattering events are occuring? I don't know what homebrew is, but it sounds cool. I DO know what an emlator is, and would have to agree that they are awesome. So what you're saying is that this is more like an extension of pointless information with the added accessory of being able to TALK about the pointless yet meaningful information. I've been informed than since it is 11:00, I should finish typing this post sometime within the realm of 5 minutes. This is irksome I suppose, but a thing that must be dealt with. Tornadoes are things that must also be dealt with. Theory: The human mind is a glass of water that is under a constantly flowing faucet. Every so often comes a time when you need to tip the glass over in the form of typing or speaking.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »
Um, yeah. That happens to me too sometimes. An endless stream of seemingly random blah.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »
I don't actually talk that much.

When I do though, you'll end up getting a lengthy conversation out of me.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 01:09:22 PM »
I'd write a similar stream of endless nothingness from planet Zork, except that it would be more suited to the random nature of the Five or Three word story, or any similar device, than the semi-sanity of this semi-sane topic. Therefore, I shall refrain from committing that act.