Author Topic: Lemmings user data/progress file  (Read 5273 times)

andrew

Lemmings user data/progress file
« on: March 04, 2007, 10:14:48 PM »
Hello, I have lemmings with Oh no more lemmings for windows and don't know what file is used to save the progress and info for each user.  The file is not found in the lemmings folder because the user data still remains when I log off my windows XP account and use someone elses.  So the file must be somewhere in the windows folder or in the "all users" folder in documents and settings.  Does anyone know where the file is or the name of it?

Thanks

Andrew

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: Lemmings user data/progress file
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 01:03:36 AM »
First off, just because it's in the Lemmings folder doesn't mean that it's instantly tied to your user account.  Lemmings for Windows is a mind-shockingly old piece of software, made WAY before multiple users accounts as we know them.

If I recall correctly, the profiles are kept in C:\Program Files\Winlemm as usrxxxxx.db files (xxxxx being a number based on the order in which they were created)

I dunno a thing about the format though, so if you're looking to hack them or something, you'll either have to give up or figure it out yourself.

andrew

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
Thanks Mr. K! :thumbsup:

AAA

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:21:58 PM »
Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I'd like to point out that you also need the "wlvsun10" file in the winlemm directory for the save files to work correctly. I once tried just copying my "usr0000" file to transfer it between computers, and it didn't work. I just copy the whole Winlemm folder, since those are the only things in it.