Author Topic: DHTML Lemmings  (Read 8259 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
DHTML Lemmings
« on: November 22, 2006, 11:28:41 PM »
I just remembered this while I was sitting at school in the back of English class with the mobile computer lab hauled in and with nothing left of the assignment to do.  A quick Googling later, I found it and played it in class. =P (btw, link to Mindless's mirror of it.)

Anyway, I thought it was really short and had room for improvement so I wanted to add more levels and such.  So I downloaded the GNU'd code for it, but it lacks all the graphics.  Anyone got them so I could experiment with this thing?

(Screw the legalities, I remember that the WinLem graphics are linked somewhere anyway)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
Re: DHTML Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 01:40:43 AM »
I've tried adding levels to it -- it's difficult to get everything pixel perfect... I never succeeded.

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/_misc/dhtml_lemmings.zip

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »
OK, thanks!  I've got lots of spare time this weekend to screw around with it so I'll see if I can do anything with it.

Jazzem

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 07:53:35 PM »
I wish you luck, it may be possible to play this on the Wii's opera browser, which would mean Wii Lemmings :laugh:

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »
Indeed.  Maybe even the PSP or DS, supplying those browsers support DHTML.  I'd think they do, being modern, but I'm not sure because I don't have a PSP and the DS browser is only out in Japan.

Jazzem

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 10:00:23 PM »
Hmm? The DS browser is out here, it's been critically panned though. Apparantly quite slow, and only really for basic internet surfing.

It works with the DS though! Just rather sluggishly.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 10:17:01 PM »
Hm.  That idea's shot down.

My friend could try the PSP.  Though I doubt it's much better =P

doogle

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 03:08:47 PM »
Hi everybody. I'd just like to say I'm loving all the Lemmings related stuff going on here.
I'm in the process of making all new graphics for the DHTML version of Lemmings so I can put it on my website for people to play.

I was wondering if anybody had made any new levels for this version of the game?
I've managed to get screenshots of all the levels from Lemmings 1, Oh No More Lemmings and the xmas Lemmings games and I've started making the level data to get these ones working for the DHTML version, but I'd like to have some custom content on there too.
I'm also going to be including some of the unique levels from the Sega Genesis and Master system versions too once I've finished the original ones.

The only problems I've had so far with converting the existing levels is when exits are hidden behind scenery as when you dig the scenery away the exit is also removed, though you can still go through it.

zennehoy

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »
I think I still have DHTML Fun levels 10-20 or so sitting around somewhere. If you're interested I'll see if I can find them.

As to the exit disappearing, it's due to the way the images are layerd in dhtml lemmings. The problem is that the exit has to be below the terrain to be hidden, but the bash/mine/dig masks have to be above the terrain. This means that the masks will also be above the exit. I'm afraid there probably isn't any way to do this correctly in javascript.

Also, if anyone still needs the graphics, I have the complete original version including graphics and sound.
Cheers,
Zen

doogle

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »
Thanks, that'd be great :)
That's the bug I'm trying to get a workaround to fix. I managed to rip the trap graphics out of the DS lemmings port so I've got the full set to work from in my own graphic style, Plus the DS editor allows me to find all the hidden traps and exits easily, which is nice :)

I have made my first unique map to see if the makelevel file worked, which it did, but I've got to fix the sound bug I keep getting now as it keeps crashing the browser window :(

zennehoy

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
Just over 1MB, and uploaded to The Lemmings File Portal
It's just levels Fun 11-17, but hey, no sense repeating the work. It's been a while since I did these, but I'll try to answer questions if you have any.
Cheers,
Zen

p.s. I take no credit for this whatsoever, and I hope crisp doesn't mind my posting it...

doogle

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 01:35:33 AM »
Thanks, I'll have a look at them once I've got a chance and get started on the other levels :)

Offline Lemmy556

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »
This is first Lemmings game what I play.