Author Topic: LemEdit in Windows XP  (Read 6935 times)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
LemEdit in Windows XP
« on: October 19, 2006, 01:26:19 PM »
Ok all, I have just run into a problem with using LemEdit in Win XP. The mouse doesnt work anymore when running the program. (Occasionally LemEdit refuses to load, but works sometimes, so not a big deal)

It looks like all of my recent levels (and whole pack) I have created in LemEdit are going to have to be modified to suit the new level editor EricLang created: Lemmix. However, I have not yet learnt to use the program, or how to change the graphics sets to suit Lemmix, as my graphics sets in my whole pack are mixed, including the ones from Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings.

It is going to take some time to do this, so I wont be able to offer any levels to the Lemmings Remake right now (except for maybe my first set of levels that I dont want to change, or it will take forever)...unless anyone can help me fix my problem faster.

I will keep everyone updated on my progress into this problem.

Tim.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LemEdit in Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »
Well, there are two solutions to your problem obviously: Either to change the levels or the editor settings. The latter is certainly the much easier way of those. Two solutions how to do the latter again:
(1) Make LemEdit run under Windows XP: Use LemEdit2/3 via DosBox.
(2) Alternatively, to get Lemmix work for your levels, you'd just have to change the LemmixStyles.ini:
Change in the section [style 9] the CommonPath to the path your VanClanLemmings is located in. But note that, if you want to open normal CustLemm level, you need to change the Path back (or switch the original file with the original one again). Apparently this is necessary (or I simply screwed up my other attempt) since when I tried to add a completely new viewer style, Lemmix crashed.
Changing the levels would be a bit of work (you could write a little program to do that), but has the advantage that your levels would be compatible with CustLemm and the usual style numbering used. But as your levels are a kind of standalone set of levels (i.e. one downloads your complete Lemmings folder with all files needed included), it might be not worth the work as your levels can still easily be played.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:59:21 AM »
@Geo: It is possible to let Lemmix support the "VanClan" Lemmings.
If you are interested I could e-mail you how to do that. I e-mailed Tim about it.
It's basically just adding a new style-section in the ini-file.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 10:58:23 AM »
Thank you, but re-trying I just managed it myself. Previously I forgot to set StyleClass=TCustLemmStyle for the new style. :)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:05:08 AM »
Ok, that's great!