Author Topic: Old Version Levels  (Read 4652 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Old Version Levels
« on: February 15, 2023, 02:31:10 AM »
There's this level I made long ago that I'd like to see again but is not viewable at all on current versions. I have a version from 2014; it can view the level but something's missing, I don't remember what. Also it would be nice to view replays from that time as well. Anyone have older versions so I could see this? I didn't see old versions on github.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Old Version Levels
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 08:20:16 PM »
Your attached Torture Chamber loads and plays in 0.10.5 for me, and doesn't complain about missing tiles. Does your Lix complain about missing tiles? Or what is different for you?

Versions from 2014, you'll need C++ Lix. But I don't have a Windows C++ toolchain set up to build old versions. I'll let you know if I find Windows binaries.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 10:12:58 PM »
This attached version says for some reason $BUILT 2023-02-14 21:09:38. Can you provide another version of the level as well?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 10:54:20 PM »
Attached is C++ Lix 2016-06-02, devoid of any levels to make it smaller. Also added custom config to start it windowed.

I've moved this topic to the Levels board.

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 11:40:00 PM »
ah dang, sorry my bad. I forgot that after I downloaded this level from the forum [from the community level pack topic, from quite a long time ago. I don't have any old versions of my levels, at least handy.] I opened it in the editor and re-saved it in the new format (and thus without the missing pieces.

I attached a copy of the proper version I'm talking about. I opened this in the old version you attached here and still have missing pieces. I'm thinking the missing pieces are pretty important too cause the level seems possibly impossible as it is.

[it sees everything seen in the attached images here]
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 12:02:29 AM »
What is missing even in the c++-version is Missing image: bitmap/geoo/abstract/thinnest platformUnderworld128. I substituted it in the level file with the tile matt/07 - Underworld/thinplatform128. And now it works c++-Lix without warning for missing tiles and has the thin platforms from the matt folder. I don't know though if these are the correct tiles. Fixed level is attached.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 12:09:43 AM »
Here is a version that should work with current Lix and should have all tiles, provided the thinplatform tile is right. The problem is that you don't have variable SI like in the original or c++ version.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 12:39:21 AM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 12:49:42 AM »
Replay/Solution for the c++-version. Used variable SI. Not sure if solvable in current Lix due to that. I think fixed SI needs to be changed there.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 05:48:43 PM »
thanks a bunch! :thumbsup: I had a foggy memory of there being thin platforms but couldn't remember. It doesn't matter if the level works or not in current version; I just wanted to see it again.

-edit: looked at it now; yes now I remember it better. BTW; this level was scrapped from the community set because the intended solution was annoying and precise or relied on a pretty edgy trick I think.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 11:54:40 PM by mobius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2023, 12:52:52 AM »
here's an interesting tiny little piece of forum history. I only vaguely remember that "Project Capybara" was some community level idea I had. Apparently a few people made some contributions (?) besides myself. I found a level by Proxima and Nepster that I don't remember at all. There's also a level or two by me that I don't remember why I axed and an early version of Theresa falls up the stairs. One is a remake (sort of) of a PSP level I think.

-Hakuin Ekaku