Author Topic: Simon streamed Lix puzzles, Sun, 2024-06-16  (Read 16258 times)

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Simon streams Lix singleplayer puzzles, Sat, 2024-06-01, 17:00 UTC
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2024, 08:59:52 PM »
I'll stream Lix singleplayer tomorrow, Saturday, June 1st, starting 17:00 UTC.

twitch.tv/simonnaar

I'm planning to play the Classy rank from geoo's pack. Or should we wait with that until geoo has time to watch, and instead play late lemforum/Hopeless, or early Nepsterlems?

As usual: Join the chat and help solve, unless you know the solution already. Apparently, this is more lenient than most other people's puzzle-solving streams. Most solvers don't want any backseating, but I'm happy to take ideas.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 09:04:57 PM by Simon »

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Simon streamed Lix singleplayer puzzles, Sat, 2024-06-01
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2024, 07:13:34 PM »
Stream is over! I streamed geoo's Classy rank. Recording will remain for 14 days at: twitch.tv/simonnaar

The Climber Predicament & The Floater Predicament: I have a meaty backroute including a finnicky trick near the exit to lose height. I have several spare climbers and floaters, therefore this replay (after you re-point it) will solve both levels.

Lab Map feels intended. Nice! Flopsy found the loose idea independently from me.

Steady Supply: The main idea of my solution feels exactly indended. Nice! I'm sure I can improve the details to make the timing easier for myself. I had 1 builder spare and could spend it to turn a mistimed lix.

Clam's Missing Cubes looks intended. That's a tricky skill-minimizing variant of our research on Clam's Pachinko, and to solve it now, you needs the right idea from the start. Flopsy believes he wouldn't have found it himself.

This Level Socks: Feels reasonably close or intended.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 09:29:08 PM by Simon »

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Simon streamed Lix singleplayer puzzles, Sat, 2024-06-01
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2024, 11:04:23 AM »
I just caught up on the stream, most solutions are intended.

In Steady Supply, I'm less efficient at the very beginning (needing 3 bridges), that's why you have one left over. I don't see it as a problem though.

This Level Socks: It's meant to be a bit open-ended. This mirrors one of the solutions I found, with the spare skill.

Lab Map and Missing cubes exactly intended.

The Climber Predicament & The Floater Predicament: I don't actually remember what the intended solutions are, given they are contest levels from a long time ago. I re-solved them recently, but I need to dig deeper to see if I can find some older replays. Either way, it shouldn't be possible to solve both maps the same way, so I'll need to take a closer look at some point.

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Simon streams Lix (or NL?) puzzles, Sun, 2024-06-16, 17:00 UTC
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2024, 01:23:27 PM »
Thanks for the judgements!

I agree, there were no problems on the other maps. Only the double backroute to the two Predicaments was fidgety: The double backroute had to squeeze two pixels of height from the bottom half.

Next stream is tomorrow, Sunday, 16th.

I'm 50:50 on what I want to play tomorrow. Option 1: More of geoo's Crafty. Option 2: The NeoLemmix levels for the current Contest #30. (I already know geoo's Lix entries for Contest #30, I was the pre-release tester.) Edit: I played geoo's Crafty.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 09:04:43 PM by Simon »

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Simon streamed Lix puzzles, Sun, 2024-06-16
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2024, 09:10:35 PM »
Stream is over! Recording will remain for 14 days at: https://www.twitch.tv/simonnaar

Played geoo's Crafty rank.

Full Circle: Not solved yet. Progress on all fronts, but no unifying theory of the universe.

Day Care Center: Funky idea, with some difficult-to-find timings. Solution feels intended, and I can't see how to improve the fickle execution. I like it, but one has to be in the mood for pixel pushing and for haggling over timings on the level of individual physics updates.

Undercut: Lovely! Feels completely intended. Armani found one of the core ingredients in chat.

Cellar Dwellers: Cute. I believe I solved this before, when it was in the Wrappy rank, and you re-sorted it.

Construction Site Conuntrum: Looked easier than it was. I had a precise solution that feels like a backroute, but it wasn't annoying to find.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Simon streamed Lix puzzles, Sun, 2024-06-16
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2024, 11:19:20 PM »
Thanks for playing! Notes on your solutions:

Day Care Center:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Undercut:

Cellar Dwellers:

Construction Site Conundrum:

Btw, if you have suggestions for re-ranking levels, I wasn't confident in my original ordering so I'm happy to shuffle things around a bit.