Author Topic: To investigate: Bashing on slopes at 90 degree angle  (Read 2901 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
To investigate: Bashing on slopes at 90 degree angle
« on: July 30, 2022, 10:44:23 AM »
Need to look into what happens in both L3D and Loap (and adjust the latter if necessary) when a basher is walking along a slope (not up / down it, but along the slope sideways) and bashes through a wall at the end of it. Not exactly a common setup, but worth checking. Currently I'm not sure what happens in either engine.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: To investigate: Bashing on slopes at 90 degree angle
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 10:59:10 AM »
Okay, tested. In L3D, the lemming will walk to the edge of the block then bash away the wall as normal for the height it's at. On the other hand, in Loap, the lemming begins bashing immediately, and destroys the upper part of the slope (before continuing as normal).

I'll look at adjusting this so that Loap has the same behavior as L3D in this regard.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: To investigate: Bashing on slopes at 90 degree angle
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 03:32:57 AM »
Fixed in commit 9dcbc0f. The fix in question also allowed for some code to handle a different edge case to be removed, as this change handled it.
My Lemmings projects