Author Topic: [BUG] Lemmings get stuck in tree in Final Maze  (Read 2757 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
[BUG] Lemmings get stuck in tree in Final Maze
« on: July 24, 2022, 12:45:59 AM »
I have not investigated the cause of this yet; I noticed this while solving the level (via the "build over the trees near the exit" backroute) to test other functionality. Lemmings that fall onto the second tree under the bridge get stuck on it, instead of either walking over or falling off.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG] Lemmings get stuck in tree in Final Maze
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 04:33:42 AM »
Confirmed that this can be reproduced on other levels too. In particular, you can reproduce it easily on Fun 9 by letting the lemmings turn around, blocking at the end, then with a lemming walking back towards the start, build so that the builder starts under the edge of the entrance (on the side closer to the water).

It seems to be a result of either encountering a wall while falling, or a physics oddity with the narrow block (which is solid only near the middle - this is generally used as a replacement for invisible tall pyramid blocks when converting L3D levels, due to the original shape being ascendable in Loap).

EDIT: Can confirm this does not happen when fallers encounter a wall that's on a block boundary.

EDIT: I've narrowed it down to the "check for wall in front" code reporting a false negative (at least while falling) for solidity mid-block that's absent at the edges, but have not yet figured out why this happens. I can however confirm it seems to happen regardless of height - I've managed to get lemmings stuck at the base of a tree rather than part way up it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 04:51:52 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG] Lemmings get stuck in tree in Final Maze
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 04:58:34 AM »
Fixed in commit 9491058.
My Lemmings projects