Author Topic: General Loap progress discussion topic  (Read 4655 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: General Loap progress discussion topic
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2022, 08:01:48 AM »
Mostly thanks to DireKrow, it is now confirmed that all official levels are solvable in the latest build of Loap.

As for Lemmings Plus 3D, all Fun and Tricky levels are confirmed solvable except for Tricky 22 "Redirect Loop", which is unsolvable due to a physics bug. The Taxing and Mayhem levels remain mostly untested, although Mayhem 79 "Power Distribution" is also unsolvable, in this case due to an intentional physics difference (once I do a proper conversion of the pack, I will adjust this level as necessary to restore solvability).

The only levels I can think of off the top of my head that are explicitly confirmed solvable in LP3D Taxing and Mayhem are Taxing 45 "Deathspring Tunnel", Taxing 56 "Ultimate Lemja Warrior" and Mayhem 70 "Detour Shot". This does not mean the others aren't (except, as noted above, Mayhem 79 "Power Distribution"); just that they're not confirmed either way - it is very likely the vast majority of them are solvable. (EDIT: On further thought, Taxing 53 "Complimentary Lemmings", Mayhem 64 "Candy Corner" and Mayhem 71 "Kingdom Of Chaos" are also confirmed solvable.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 08:19:45 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »
I said it before but I'm loving this project! One thing I miss is the sound effect of happy and sad Lemmings after finishing a level: https://youtu.be/UqPKF9D993w?t=370
My second level pack: Long Live Lemmings!
My first level pack: Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2022, 09:37:59 AM »
As per some discussion on Discord, at this point I feel the important matters before I can declare Loap to officially have reached a stable ("1.0") version are:
- Options menu (including hotkeys)
- Fixing all known physics bugs
- Adjustable sensitivity for mouse camera movement
- "Trap mouse in window" option (and correspondingly, a key to release it)
- Mass replay checking
- In-game records display

Additionally, while I don't consider it a dealbreaker if I don't make any progress, I would like to at least try to improve on some of the rendering glitches.

In particular, I do not intend for a level editor to be a "1.0" feature; that will come later. In the meantime of course, L3DEdit can be used to create levels (albeit subject to the limitations of what DOS L3D supports, for the most part; as well as limited to official / LP3D graphics files and no support for tileset mixing).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: Today at 06:48:17 AM »
V0.0.22.0 implemented almost all of the above. The only things that remain:
- Hotkey configuration menu (the rest of the Options menu is done)
- Mass-replay checking
- In-game record display
- If possible, improvements on the visuals (I've made a couple of attempts at this, but so far no success)
My Lemmings projects