Author Topic: Lemmings Challenges  (Read 13706 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Challenges
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »
I beat it! (Crazy 1 100%) (DOS ONML)

Yay!̆ So now it's official!̆ Congratulations and good job! :thumbsup:

Based on your description of the last move, it seems my solution is slightly different than yours.

Interesting.̆ Now I'm really curious.̆ I'll think about that and maybe PM you later.

[edit: ok I believe I know what you did.  I guess that makes your solution use one less skill too.]

Wicked 12 is actually lose 1. ccexplore made a record of it.

Yes. I noticed there are a few errors in tseug's first post of this thread.̆ Since Crazy 1 100% is now "official", he might as well edit the post for that along with fixing the following:

• Wicked 4 is lose 1--no one reported 100%, and I remembered making a real effort looking into that and concluded that you don't have enough builders or something.
  • Wicked 9 is lose 1--I don't recall anyone reporting 100%, and it doesn't look like you'd have enough builders if you try
  • Wicked 12 is lose 1--I set that record way back when the old forum was still up, and now there's even a Lemmix replay available for you to see

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »
Based on your description of the last move, it seems my solution is slightly different than yours. I haven't tried Lemmix yet, but I can try it there and see if I can get a replay.

I now have a Lemmix replay of your solution as well.  As expected, basically a variation of mine.  I guess yours is better for the one less skill used and slightly less precision needed.

tseug

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 03:26:29 AM »
[li]Wicked 4 is lose 1--no one reported 100%, and I remembered making a real effort looking into that and concluded that you don't have enough builders or something.[/li]
[li]Wicked 9 is lose 1--I don't recall anyone reporting 100%, and it doesn't look like you'd have enough builders if you try[/li]

Yeah 100% Wicked 4 is definitely impossible. I tried 100% Wicked 9, and it looks like it's a few builders short.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »
I was just having another look through the Genesis records , and some of them really do not look possible to me. (Though I admit I was relying on memory combined with a look at the level maps; I haven't actually tried any of them out. Some of these, therefore, may have stupidly obvious solutions when I actually do so. If so, I make no apologies for their presence on the list.) I might have to go see if I can find the solutions, but first can someone promise me, hand over heart, that the following are possible? (100% unless stated otherwise)

Fun 19 (I can see one thing that might work, but if that fails I have no idea)
Taxing 13 (I solved Crazy 1 lose one on the Mac, but I can't see how to transfer it to the Genesis because of the release rate issue)
Taxing 14 (lose one), 27, Mayhem 18, 23, 28
and Present 7 -- you've got to be kidding on that one, right?̆ :tongue:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 08:43:15 PM »
I was just having another look through the Genesis records , and some of them really do not look possible to me.

Maybe I'll take a look over the weekend or something.̆ Since tseug had some errors on the DOS records as well that were only fixed recently, there're probably some on the Genesis records as well.

tseug

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 11:51:31 PM »
I was just having another look through the Genesis records , and some of them really do not look possible to me.

I can assure you about one of those right off the top of my head. I know I got lose 1 on Taxing 13 because I remember doing it. Quite a sneaky solution. :winktounge:
Fun 19 isn't that hard.... just dig at the base of the thin wall.
I remember Taxing 14 too, that was a good one. And Taxing 27.
Looks like I got Present 7 mixed up with it's copy. Whoops. :tongue:
I remember Mayhem 18, it was tough.
Mayhem 28 confirmed. Mayhem 23 confirmed.

When I did all these Genesis records, I went through the whole game and confirmed the solution for every level. Somehow I made a stupid mistake with Present 7....

I thought you would ask about Tricky 12. That one took some time...

*If you want I can take screenshots for any level

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »
Fun 19 isn't that hard.... just dig at the base of the thin wall.
Gotcha. I didn't see that there's a nonmetal bit at the top of the metal. I was wondering whether you have to to climb right up the pillar and dig down it.......

*If you want I can take screenshots for any level
I might ask if I can't solve any of them, but I want to have a good try first.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »
Is it just me who's looking through this thread and having difficulty matching numbers to names? :shocked:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 06:54:08 PM »
I'm fine with the original Lemmings ones, but the ONML and Genesis ones I can't do without looking up, except for a few instantly recognisable numbers like Havoc 10.

Offline nobody

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 11:58:05 PM »
I have confirmed 100% solution for the Genesis version of Mayhem 18... highlight to read the solution

Have the first lemming dig down. When there are two lemmings walking in the pit, make one of them bash right, then when you get the chance make another walker bash left. If you did it right then the lemming that bashed left will be the only one that makes it to the area below; all the other lemmings that walk in the left bashers path will turn around before he finishes until the digger prevents any more lemmings from escaping to the left. Make the right basher build to stop, then make the digger build to stop as soon as he is deep enough to trap the lemmings. The lemming that bashed left should make it to the area below, where he should build once onto the metal thing, then use one builder to hit the metal wall on the right and two more builders to get higher up against the wall on the left, then use the last basher to get onto the hill where the trap is. Build two bridges over the trap to the thing on the left, then build once more to get to the exit, then use your final builder to free the lemmings to the left

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 09:03:49 AM »
Nice work!  :thumbsup:

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »
Can I ask how to get 100% on Crazy 19 ("Don't Panic")? I was trying it yesterday and it seems impossible. :sad:

Offline nobody

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 07:37:02 PM »
Check out the Lemmings solutions topic... using Lemmix you can view solutions to levels that people have uploaded.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 08:20:14 PM »
I recorded Crazy 19. It's in the file portal.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
Crazy 19 has a couple of different solutions ..... I did it a completely different way from ccexplore for instance. I can't remember my exact method offhand, but it involved building both ways over the trap trigger and using a climber to delay one lemming to give the builder time to get over that gap.