Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER/EDITOR] Hidden talismans  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
[SUG][PLAYER/EDITOR] Hidden talismans
« on: July 15, 2021, 09:42:37 PM »
A brief discussion on the forum mentioned the possibility of platinum and diamond talismans after I was shown a replay of my level "Deep Freeze" where all 80 lemmings are saved (anything above 78 requires extremely precise and fiddly gameplay).

Besides challenges that are harder than gold-level talismans (although this is open to debate), I am in support of a higher level, such as emerald or diamond, for those challenges that require ridiculous precision, but I'm wondering if actually a better option would be to have a level of talisman that is hidden in the player... that is, you can see the level has a diamond talisman, but you don't know its prerequisites, possibly because very few people know about the solution or the prequisites give too much of a clue as to what you have to do.  For example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Granted you can cheat by opening the level in a text editor or the NeoLemmix Editor, and there may be other ways to disguise the solution.  Still, maybe something can be salvaged from this.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER/EDITOR] Hidden talismans
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 05:41:38 AM »
Aside from what you mention in the last paragraph, for the most part no new suggestions are being accepted anymore, in general. On top of that, in general, hiding information is not really considered to be in the spirit of NeoLemmix.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)