Author Topic: Lemmix Level Editor, alpha release  (Read 13767 times)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
Re: Lemmix Level Editor, alpha release
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 07:28:07 AM »
I'll fix the arrow key issue soon.
I'll look at the other suggestions.
I'm busy with other things (still). So have patience please :)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 02:51:47 AM »
*poke*

I'm just wondering when Lemmix will be out of alpha... (and into beta?).  Also, perhaps you might update the Lemmix webpage (I've taken a bit of my own advice and finally added links the Lemmix Players to my site ... I seem to be lagging).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 06:20:50 PM »
Yeah, if not moving into beta, at least just release the current alpha source code so someone else can maintain it.  The current version of the editor is missing some key functionalities that I could really really use.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »
Busy with other things again. Life is too short to do everything you want.
I'll gather all sourcecode and upload it to Mindless' file portal.
I will leave a message here when done with that

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 07:25:04 AM »
Ok. I uploaded the source code of Lemmix to the lemmings file portal.
Started working again on the thing, but I have a long way to go.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 09:30:36 PM »
Thanks EricLang for this editor.
Simple and complete... I used it to make my levels :laugh:
Good cheer for the rest =)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 08:56:53 AM »
Thanks!
I downloaded your levels and will have a look at them. I only never use WinLemmings because of the bad game-mechanics.

siergiej

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2007, 09:24:30 AM »
I downloaded the latest version of Lemmix.

I recognised that when you play in Lemmix a level containing two entrances, the lemmings appear in the following order: 2 lemmings come out from the first entrance, 2 lemmings from the second entrance, 2 lemmings from the first one, and so on.

In DOS Lemmings and nocdlem2.exe lemmings appear in the following order: 1 lemming comes out from the first entrance, 1 lemming from the second, 1 lemming from the first one, and so on.

Should this difference exist?

Because of that difference I can't complete one of my levels in Lemmix the way I do it in nocdlem2.exe (level was made in lemedit3)

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2007, 01:15:13 AM »
I recognised that when you play in Lemmix a level containing two entrances, the lemmings appear in the following order: 2 lemmings come out from the first entrance, 2 lemmings from the second entrance, 2 lemmings from the first one, and so on.

In DOS Lemmings and nocdlem2.exe lemmings appear in the following order: 1 lemming comes out from the first entrance, 1 lemming from the second, 1 lemming from the first one, and so on.

Should this difference exist?

Might just be your computer. Have you tried on a different machine, if possible?

In all official versions I've played, and that's quite a few, it's gone one from each exit in order before loopign around again, not two, so it might be an issue in Lemmix, but whether it's an issue with the coding or with your machine - I don't know, I don't have the new Lemmix version yet - I don't know. I'll have a bash in a little while, if you want me to check.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 10:28:27 AM »
Hmm, weird. You could use the CustLemm viewer style in Lemmings to solve the entrance order problem, but that slightly affects the max safe fall distance though.

siergiej

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 10:56:42 PM »
Changing the style to CustLemm from DOS Original Lemmings helped. But it's quite strange, if Original Lemmings and Customised Lemmings applications behave the same way in that case, why do these styles differ in Lemmix?