Author Topic: Some level problems.  (Read 8117 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Some level problems.
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:40:12 AM »
My brother is insanely addicted to Lemedit.  So, that would all be fine.  But he's having huge problems with his levels.

First off, he made a level in the Crystal style, for his custom game using the Lemmings Remake EXE that puts the levels in order in the level packs.  I believe he also has plugged in the ONML sets as VGAGR's 5-8.  This has to do with the second problem.

And these problems are:

1. In the Crystal level, whenever he tries to play it, OMGWTF, the whole screen's graphics glitch up, except for one lemming.  We quit the level, and then the whole game's graphics are garbled.  We don't know what it is.  We've run it through the Lemedit level checker, we've replaced the Crystal VGAGR file with a version from the original disks, nothing works.

2. My brother is having special trouble with the ONML graphic sets.  He put them in the game folder as VGAGR 5-8, and he also renamed the GROUNDxo.DAT's.  He can make levels fine with them in LemEdit, except for one small problem-- on anything other than Brick, the exits do not work unless the Lemmings are falling into it.  It makes no sense-- the exit is, in fact, on the ground, and we've checked that it has a proper Y postition.

I'd upload these levels to take a look at, but I can't get into my website's FTP to upload it.  Any clues, people?

JM

Re: Some level problems.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:10:19 AM »
Did you use the Custlemm stuff from Mindless's Lemmings File Archive?

I downloaded stuff from there and it always worked ok for me.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 02:35:36 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Ksoft link=1145616018/0#0 date=1145616012
1. In the Crystal level, whenever he tries to play it, OMGWTF, the whole screen's graphics glitch up, except for one lemming. &#A0;We quit the level, and then the whole game's graphics are garbled. &#A0;We don't know what it is. &#A0;We've run it through the Lemedit level checker, we've replaced the Crystal VGAGR file with a version from the original disks, nothing works.
The LemEdit level checker is pretty useless; use Mindless's instead.  I'm fairly sure there's something wrong in your level, probably things like a steel area or interactive object being out of bounds or something.

2. My brother is having special trouble with the ONML graphic sets. &#A0;He put them in the game folder as VGAGR 5-8, and he also renamed the GROUNDxo.DAT's. &#A0;He can make levels fine with them in LemEdit, except for one small problem-- on anything other than Brick, the exits do not work unless the Lemmings are falling into it. &#A0;It makes no sense-- the exit is, in fact, on the ground, and we've checked that it has a proper Y postition.
Not sure what to make of that, but why don't you open in LemEdit some levels from the official ONML game, and see how their exits are set up?  You can even save those levels into your own levelpak and try playing them in CustLemm and see what happens.

Anyway, all these will probably be easier to diagnose once you upload the levels.

JM

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 10:34:25 PM »
Is the problem solved yet?