Author Topic: Genesis levels re-made  (Read 10839 times)

MC Marshy

Re: Genesis levels re-made
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 12:31:06 PM »
On the Custlemm version of "A trap is a trap" the save target is 75%. On "Darkness of the royal family" the save target is 100%. On "Evil Whisper" the scenery doesn't look exactly the same at the scenery on the genesis version. "Electric Circuit" just seems ok. The scenery in "Salvage Boat" doesn't really look like a boat that much. There are a few genesis levels that I'd love to see in Custlemm but some I can't convert to Custlemm as Isu has re-made some in Cheapo.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 01:01:22 PM »
Quote from: MC Marshy link=1144067026/15#15 date=1145190666
There are a few genesis levels that I'd love to see in Custlemm but some I can't convert to Custlemm as Isu has re-made some in Cheapo.
Eh? Why should that stop you?

MC Marshy

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 01:14:21 PM »
I don't think it would stop me. There's other good levels I could create in Custlemm. I'm mostly preferring to make my own levels in Custlemm rather than re-make genesis levels all the time. I'm pretty glad with the ones I re-made.

JM

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 11:10:42 AM »
Genesis have a level called "Don't leave any lemmings" when it's impossible to save 100%. The save target isn't 100% either.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 11:24:44 AM »
Meh. There are plenty enough inappropriate titles on the original game:

As long as you try your best
Patience
Don't let your eyes deceive you (but there's nothing deceptive about the level)
Let's be careful out there (you can afford to lose half the lemmings!)
Been there, seen it, done it (unless for some mad reason you've made more progress in Taxing than Tricky!)
They just keep on coming (a level with RR only 50, and which has a ready-made crowd holding area)
One-way digging to freedom (you have to bash, not dig)
Save Me (would have been more appropriate for a level with just one lemming)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 12:31:08 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar link=1144067026/15#19 date=1145273084
Meh. There are plenty enough inappropriate titles on the original game:

As long as you try your best
Patience
Don't let your eyes deceive you (but there's nothing deceptive about the level)
Let's be careful out there (you can afford to lose half the lemmings!)
Been there, seen it, done it (unless for some mad reason you've made more progress in Taxing than Tricky!)
They just keep on coming (a level with RR only 50, and which has a ready-made crowd holding area)
One-way digging to freedom (you have to bash, not dig)
Save Me (would have been more appropriate for a level with just one lemming)
<chuckle> ;), they are only inappropriate if you are literally interpreting them in the context of the level itself.

I think many of those titles were just expressing descriptions and sentiments for the Lemmings game in general, especially in the context of a player who's new to the game (and perhaps sometimes in the context of the lemmings themselves).  I think that more or less covers "As Long As You Try Your Best", "Patience", "Let's be Careful Out There", "They Just Keep on Coming", and "Save Me".  

"One-way digging to freedom" is just building on the common expression of "digging to freedom", which is why the word "digging" is preferable IMO, even though you really bash (and actually, I think in some versions the game manual describes bashing as "digging horizontally" anyway).

This just leaves "Don't let your eyes deceive you" and "Been there, seen it, done it" as the two that are maybe a little harder to justify.

Or, more likely it's just too much work (and work that won't really translate to more revenue) to come up with 120 inspired titles, so inevitably a number of them will be random titles that simply sounds kinda interesting.