Poll

Little Miner Puzzle Part 1 or 2 - Which one do you find harder?

Part 1
0 (0%)
Part 2
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Little Miner Puzzle Part 1 or 2 - Which one do you find harder?  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
Little Miner Puzzle Part 1 or 2 - Which one do you find harder?
« on: October 16, 2020, 05:08:11 PM »
I can see why Little Miner Puzzle (Part 2) is ranked higher than Part 1 since it's more complex. But I can see as well that Part 1 is for some more difficult since it's in a certain sense more precise, so for beginners it could feel harder.

That's why I'm interested how others perceived it and have found it themselves.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Little Miner Puzzle Part 1 or 2 - Which one do you find harder?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:02:57 PM »
I am biased because I have played Part 1 more than Part 2. Thus, I had to solve Part 2 from scratch, and it took longer than resolving Part 1.

Both levels have their red herrings, e.g.,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »
I'm not sure which part you're referring to that's supposedly precise, my best guess is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If that's what you're thinking of, then it's both not necessary (there's a variety of other solutions), and also required in the sequel (which in addition introduces another trick).

With that in mind, the only reason I could imagine someone finding the second part easier is that there are fewer options of what you can try, but then again multiple different options end up working in the first part, so it shouldn't take too long to find one.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 07:22:46 PM »
I just remotely heard from someone that Part 1 was much harder than Part 2 but this could also be a learning effect. Maybe it makes a difference if you play without frame stepping but I don't know. I was just curious since I encountered that notion of difficulty.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 12:50:08 AM »
its been a while since I played them so its difficult for me to remember but I seem to recall them both being fairly similar in difficulty; not finding one particularly harder than the other. Both however seemed harder then I expected them to be just by glancing at the level.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain