Author Topic: Members who never post  (Read 3548 times)

MC Marshy

Members who never post
« on: February 28, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »
I have noticed something when I click on members and look at the members list. Some people have registered like a year ago or a few months ago and not made one post on the forum.

So what's the point of registering when you won't post a single comment?

tseug

Re: Members who never post
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 11:56:14 PM »
It happens on every forum. What the point is, I have no idea.

EDIT: It's better on this forum than any other I've seen. only ~1/3 of the members made 0 posts. Usually it''s something like 85%. (I pulled that number out of a lemming. Actually it's probably higher....)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 02:25:17 AM »
Yeah, we're doing well.  My old site's forums had 35 members and only 7 of them posted  :P  That's 80%.

Either way, sometimes they'll wander back after a while and post.  I've seen it happen before where someone registers, forgets about it for 3 months, then suddenly remembers and starts posting.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 03:06:33 AM »
Over at my forum, only 44% of the users have 0 posts. :D  Disregard the fact that my forum is nearly inactive.  :P

MC Marshy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 02:48:22 PM »
This forum is active most of the time and there's a lot of users who haven't made a single post. I used to post as a guest because I didn't think I was going to post much but then I thought about registering because I thought I would probably post more sometime in the future. And I did  ;)

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 08:05:30 PM »
Chances are most of those people joined up, thought they would post, and forgot all about it... or something like that. Eh. Beats me, really.
What makes me wonder more are the people who used to post a lot, and then suddenly seem to drop off the face of the Earth for years at a time with no explanation. I'm sure there must be one, however.

drumnbach

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 11:42:53 PM »
My explaination for that one Lemika: Personell on a forum changes, and you don't feel like it's the same place anymore, so you stop posting. Then a few years later you get curious to see how the old haunt is, and plus you come back with veteran's status and oldbie respect.

tseug

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 03:52:53 AM »
Quote from: Lemika link=1141160084/0#5 date=1141243530
What makes me wonder more are the people who used to post a lot, and then suddenly seem to drop off the face of the Earth for years at a time with no explanation.
lol, I did exactly that on another forum. :)

MC Marshy

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 05:05:07 PM »
Yeah you get people registering on every forum who post a lot and then after a few years they stop posting. It's usually because they get tired of the forum and have moved on to other important things.

JM

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 08:27:42 PM »
Authors of some certain Custlemm packs are never posting on here. Juanjo,Paris,Garjen and Steaver never seem to come here much although they made interesting levelpaks. Some of the moderators like Tumble Weed and Conway don't come here anymore although I've spoken to them a few times on msn messenger. It would be cool to still have contact with these members :)

tseug

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 12:02:16 AM »
Steaver = Sunrise

Along with many others.

JM

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »
Quote from: tseug link=1141160084/0#10 date=1141516936
Steaver = Sunrise

Along with many others.

And lemming_20 = Juanjo