Author Topic: Pimolems for Superlemmini (In Developement)  (Read 8261 times)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pimolems for Superlemmini (In Developement)
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »
See my replay for One 10, where I finish with 9 seconds remaining, therefore no need to move the exit. There are some things that make the level easier in Superlemmini while there are others that make it easier in Lemmini. In Superlemmini, it is possible to connect the bridges at the very edge from the left side, while in Lemmini the lemming will hit his head, and so you'll need to build farther from the bridge. At the same time, in Lemmini, when climbers explode, they explode instantly instead of going through the "ohno" animation, while in Superlemmini climbers go through the "ohno" animation instead of exploding instantly. I had both levels going at the exact same time, and it looks like the timers go at the exact same pace. However, I tested level 2 of Fun of the original game from each engine by immediately 99 the RR and assign all 10 floaters. It turns out that the clock is only slightly faster in Superlemmini by about a second than it is in Lemmini. In Lemmini, the timer was at 4:38 when the level finished, while in Superlemmini the clock read 4:37. Might not even be a full second faster, probably a fraction of a millisecond. So, you are indeed correct about the clock being faster in Superlemmini, but as this example shows it's only "slightly."
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2020, 10:04:05 AM »
ok I saw your replay added as an external level, but since the replay only works for the external I had to do the level myself so it will work with the pack. So now I have a saved replay for the level. I kept original one but I still raised up the right trap on a another block. Although it doesn't affect this solution.
Also I finished with 7 seconds. It's just I followed Pieuws where his showed only 1 second. also I tried to do it like the replay I have for Pimolemms in neolemmix, but I couldn't even do it that way.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2020, 02:50:22 AM »
ok this post will be for the 3 special levels (using Pieuws castle style-which is in my normal styles folder as there wasn't any to be overwritten).

Rank Special

Note: I had to use Icho's replays for the Special rank as Pieuw stopped after the ONE's levels

level 1 The lost Library
           ok easy one. also only 1 lemming. First mine him down on 1st spear. Then when he is going left climb him. Then when he gets to the chain dig him on left side of it.
           Then when he gets just past half way down build him (he'll go right). Now when he gets near fireblower build him so he land on bookcase before the flame. Then just
           bash him thru statue. And That's it.
           Issues: None

level 2 The Fourth Musketeer
           ok this one was a little tricky, but not super tricky. Just bash first lemming thru wall. Now pause and framestep until the 4th one hatches. and float him. This liitle bit
           of time is needed so when a lemming is building a platform him he'll make it just in time. now with the 2nd and 3rd lemming bash them with the 1st one so 3 bashers
           are bashing together(sometimes a lemming wants to stop and turn around so this is a tricky part). now when the bashers are about above left side of small ledge
           below bomb one. Now again framestep to see when 1 of them is turning left bash the other one to continue right. Now build right one to ledge to the right.(note he must
           be place as far right as possible because his last step just touches ledge to the right. Now with the left one do the same thing at edge on the left. the other lemming will
           just make it on a bridge step. that lemming will just turn around when he hits his head on left ledge. And that's it.

level 3 Marble Gallery
           ok this level was kinda weird. Anyways build 1st lemming on about the 5th little groove on floor. build him 2 more times to reach right barrier with a small shaft.
           Now make a lemming climb facing right and explode him high on wall. Then climb another one also facing right where he bashes right in explosion hole. And again
           send another climber facing right where he will turn around in bashers shaft; Then dig him on left side of gap. Then build when is low enough so the crowd can get
           on his bridge. Now start zigzag building to get lemming up to where basher is, but don't do last build yet. Now after the basher reach end of ledge dig him and
           dig him until just past halfway down, then build him to exit. meanwhile the climber will just exit. Now when the builder just starts 3rd build, you can do final
           build with the crowd to get them up there now. And that's it.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 03:32:28 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2020, 03:44:35 AM »
ok Final rank. Extra

this post will be for the final rank levels-Extra Levels
Note: again I will be using Icho's replays for the Extra levels as pieuw stopped after the ONE's rank

Extra
level 1 Merry Xmas
         ok this was another throw away level, just like calm 1.
         Just make the 1st lemming out of left hatch a climber, then after he exits, nuke the level. Or to be nice to the other lemmings since it is "Merry Xmas" just let
         the 3 minutes run out. But I nuked it for the replay.
         Issues: had to push inward the two block below exit because the lemming fell all the way down. also had to raise the exit as it was buried too low so the lemming
                     wouldn't exit.

level 2 Deep Forest
          Ok this level had 10 of everything so this level is opened-ended. so there isn't any intended solution. but i just followed icho's
          But since there is no correct solution. I'll just skip writing it here.

level 3 In an Anthill
           ok the level has 10 bashers, 10 miners, and 10 digger. so pretty much you can get the lemming to the exit using any of those skills to get them there.
           The only ones that can be freed though from the top left is by a digger as their is steel blocks there.
           Again pretty much opened ended. basically I used mostly miners to free them.

level 4 Grassy Path
           ok There are many ways to do it especially since the save % is only 50% but I wanted 100%, so I used every builder and a some floaters.

level 5 Lemmings in a Box
           ok now there's only 1 way to do this level. just dig 1st lemming. Increase RR to 99. then just keep digging on left side of previous dig until you open gap on left.
           And that's it.

level 6 The Lemming Gallery
          ok another easy one. Just make the 2nd lemming an athlete and 1st one build over small gap to the left to seal it. Now mine the lead lemming at start of 2nd block on
          top. Then when he gets to pipe bash him right. and he'll hit steel and turn around. also dig a lemming from right hatch. he'll stop digging when he gets to basher's
          shaft. now when a lemming get to thin diagonal ledge near exit build him to get there. then with lead lemming mine down left to free left crowd. And that's it

level 7 Chilly Lemmings
           ok easy pisy. just with 1st lemming build him into right pole to seal it. now with 1st lemming going left now build him left on highest part of snow, then block him when
           he's done with his 1 build. now with next lemming after hitting blocker and turning around build him up to snow near the top. Now bash right thru the snow then when
           he near exit mine him a little ways back so end of mine will be before exit. Now after all lemming exit, nuke the blocker. And that's it.

level 8 Dark Valley
           ok not a hard level either, just a little lengthy. ok with 1st lemming going left, bash him thru barrier and build him 2x over deadly weeds(note you will lose some
           lemmings here then bash thru blocked strip. after he gets thru he will stop. Now with a lemming going right build him over bashed gap. Now when 1st lemming gets
           to the middle of the map bomb him on brown log. and 1st lemming that drop on grass below block him(blocker left of explosion hole). Now with lead lemming build
           from the tree to the steel blocks. Then bash him right thru rocks. now at next part mine him far enough back to avoid steel. Now I set RR to 99. Then build him over gap
           to next set of rocks. Then finally build over rocks that block you. And that's it.

level 9 Be cruel with your workers
           Easy again. with 1st lemming bash thru right barrier. now after he is right of left edge of big block below bomb him. now with 1st lemming on that block dig him at right
           edge.then when digger is half-way down bomb him so the rest of the lemmings can drop to lower level. also set RR to 99. Now mine 1st lemming at edge of those 2
           stumped pillars then when he is near the point where bombing him can open space for lemmings to exit, bomb him. Now all remaining lemming can exit.

level 10 Backward Train
         I guess all the extra levels are easy, not one that's been difficult.
         ok well, let 2 lemming hit well to turn around then bash the well with the 3rd lemming. Set RR to 99. then with 1st one on bottom floor build left over small gap to barrier.
         Now those 2 lemming will be close together. Now when they get near last steel block near exit, build one there to turn him left. with the 1st one build a couple times to
         steel barrier. and with lemming who turned around build him to steel block left there to provide a platform for crowd. also get him to build his whole build to allow time
         for the right builder lemming to close the gap. now finally just build a few times to exit going left. And that's it.

level 11 Diggin' the Air
        ok this one was a little tricky. builders had to be used to make it possible for a lemming on top to dig all the way down until almost the exit. had to build using pause
        and framestepping. Used many builds to  get the step solid for the digger. Kinda hard to explain this one. Also had to do the 3 builder trick to stop lemmings from going
        left(near the beginning. Once there's enough solid builder steps for the digger, then use a top lemming to dig when he's facing right. Then when the crowd can get over
        diggers skinny pole then just build the digger to stop him from digging. And that's it.

level 12 Fearsome Rain
        ok another easy one. just float 1st lemming out of leftmost hatch just before splatting. also make him a climber(facing right), Now an athlete. Now build the athlete
        after he climbs wall but not at edge, because the climber need to get back up there. ok now with 1st lemming saved from middle hatch build him toward right wall.
        Now the athlete must not climb right wall, so just build him right before it to turn him around. Then after that lemming building to right wall reaches, build left right
        at wall. Now this builder will save the right hatched lemmings. also build him one more time(but his 2nd build will not connect with other bridge. Now build the athlete on
        left edge of middle block once he gets there. Then mine(right) with a middle hatched lemming to release rightmost lemmings at bottom. Also the athlete when he built
        from middle block to left wall, his last step ended  right at wall(didn't turn around). ok he will climb there now. then just dig him at right edge. Then bash him, he bashes
        left, when he is low enough to the builder steps to allow the crowd to get over. Now build him over 1st gap. Then over next gap(2x) but stop him on his 2nd build (either
        with the miner or last basher) so he wont build past exit. Then just set RR to 99, and build a lemming left over middle block to complete the connect so all the rest of
        the lemmings make it to exit. And that's it.

level 13 Ground City
            ok this one was lenghty, so I'll just skip this solution, as there is too much too do. I basically just did what Icho did on Youtube.

level 14 The Big U-Turn
            ok easy one too. Just let the first four lemmings hatch. Then Pause and set RR to 99. Now build 1st lemming to skinny wall, but make it so 3rd lemming just falls short of
            sealed build where you dig him down. Now it will be sealed so no other lemmings can follow. Then when digger is about 1/4 inch from steel block below build him right.
            then build again until he reaches barrier then bash him(right). Now just past the Red X mine him right(him go into groove). He will turn around. Now bash a lemming
            right thru sealed steps you did at begining to free crowd. Then just mine lead lemming down left  at Red X toward exit (make sure miner doesn't mine thru floor).
            And that's it.

level 15 Drip-Drip Drop
            ok for this level I had to swap out the 2 bashers for 2 builders, because It wouldnt let 2 of the diggers bash to stop them. Too close to steel. so to stop them I
            added 2 builders.
            To solve: make the 1st lemming dig in the 3rd pit and the 3rd lemming in the 1st pit. Now one lemming will get by those. Just dig him in the 4th pit.
            Now when the 1st and 3rd pit diggers are just on razor thin floor build them to stop them(here is where to use the extra builders since bashers wouldn't work-too close
            to steel). Now with the 4th pit digger, he falls continues until he goes left and just before he builds from skinny floor to skinny ledge to the left dig the 3rd pit digger.
            one wiil go left, one right. Now build the 1st left lemming, by the time a lemming gets to builders steps the bridge will almost be done. but that lemming will pass.
            Now block him at left edge. Now build right on 1st bridge then at right edge block him. Now that other lemming will come. Just build left again and block him at left edge
            2nd level. now dig 1st pit lemmings. now block one at right edge (3rd level) and finally build to exit going left. Then after all lemmings except blockers exit, Nuke the
            blockers, and that's it.
            Issues: had to take away the 2 bashers and add 2 builders, since the bashers couldn't stop the 1st and 3rd pit diggers. Too Close to steel.

level 16 Maniac Mansion
            Ok this was a major multi-task. Again I'll skip the solution as it's complex. Not hard to execute though. But for an extra level is hard.

level 17 Precision Bombing
            Ok this level was quick, but the 2 tricky parts were putting a blocker on the end of the builder to turn him around and finish building to wall. But in this level it wasn't
            as hard as a previous level that had this and no other lemming had to go up on builders steps in this level unlike that other one. Other tricky part was to place
            that builder above left hatch. It had to be super precise otherwise when he falls bomber won't blow hole on both sides of thin walls to  release top 2 hatch lemmings
            and make it possible to climb the bottom ones.
            anyways with 1st lemming from top left when facing left bash thru barrier and build him at edge. Before he finishes another lemming will get on steps. Now pause
            and framestep to get that lemming to block and have builder hit blocker and build to wall.(barely makes it). Now with the lemming trapped there make him a climber.
            Now the 2nd tricky part. build that lemming on top just right of hatch so when he falls he'll be exactly in the middle of 2 thin walls. bomb him there where 2 horizontal
            bars are.Then just climb the rest of the lemmings, who will then make it to exit. Then Nuke the blocker. And that's it.

level 18 Five ways to Block a Lem(actually I only counted 3)
            ok this one was easy and short
            just block 1st lemming right of hatch. Then with 2nd lemming on block below dig him just deep enough so lemmings won't go over. now mine the digger(goes left)
            With the 1st lemming going left float him just before splatting. Then bash him through base of slope on left side of map. Then build him to turn him around (with
            shaft there to turn crowd around. Now set RR to 99. Then when miner is low just bash him left and build lead lemming over gap to exit. Then bomb the blocker.
            And thats it.

Level 19 Keep an Eye on Them
             ok not too hard either. ok RR is preset to 99. now block 2nd lemming close to end of green floor. Now dig the 1st lemming just past half-way on 2nd round log.
             Now when he digs to top of gray bones in dirt to the left, build him to turn him around and build right after(used Pause and framestepping). He will build 2x and
             hit his head below block and turn around. Now bomb him at left edge where you dug him. This makes it possible for the crowd not too splat. Now mine the blocker.
             all the rest of the lemmings will fall without splatting by after from from builders step hit left edge of logs below near exit (going left) and then turn around to exit
             below those logs. And that's it.

level 20 Spoonerism
            ok this one was to get the builder to get to ledge before lemmings fall. Luckily they give you 1 extra builder, Because 1 was too close so I used it to stall himl.
            To solve using framestepping and pause build 2nd lemming so he will bump his head on square above and turn around. Then using framestepping float the 3rd lemming.
            Pause again and set RR to 99. Now with lead lemming mine him near right edge then on his 3rd upswing bomb him. This will make it so lemmings can't go right off
            ledge. Now with the 1st lemming in hole facing left bash him. Now with the lead lemming mine him left near edge and the build him. now build him a 2nd time, but
            now mine him before he finishes, so other lemmings and him can land on block below. Now build lead lemming 4x to exit extending each build. Then with the 1st
            lemming close behind, I built him with extra builder. Now all lemmings will exit. And that's it.
            Issues: had to push over rightmost One way arrows left at end of block as the miner wouldn't mine at all there, making so lemmings would fall off right edge. And one
            can't just bomb there because the pit is too shallow.

Ok Pack is Now finished. Soon I'll get it uploaded.

Ok I think only a couple of extra levels were a little bit tricky, but for the most part pretty easy.

also final notes on the pack, 6 levels had to be recreated for Superlemmini, as these are glitch levels that can't be done in Superlemmini.
Also some levels had issues due to  the engline, so some I had to add skills or alter the solution slightly. But overall it is a nice pack.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:38:56 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2020, 12:29:55 AM »
Hey eric, WillLem just reported back to me via PM on your Hurricane replays for level 3, 8, and 12 that you attached on the previous pages of this thread. Like me, he's not able to view your replays either. I know you were able to view my replays, but you did have problems seeing some of my previous ones before. So, this means two things: Something's wrong with your replays (not likely), or, which I think is more likely, funky stuff just happens when it comes to replays of external levels in Superlemmini which leads us to believe it is a bug, which I already reported to Tsyu a few weeks ago. Hopefully he comes on soon and informs us what is causing replay problems and whether it's an issue/bug with Superlemmini handling replays of external levels. I will edit my recent post in the bugs thread to let Tsyu know the current problems.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0