Author Topic: Pimolems for Superlemmini (In Developement)  (Read 8260 times)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pimolems for Superlemmini (In Developement)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 02:53:01 AM »
level 15 So logical
            First off miners in Superlemmini after hitting steel turn around where in Lemmini they don't (as per this level). So I decided to add 30sec to this level due to this.
            although it's still possible to do without the added time but must do everything quicker, but since Pieuw I don't think did that in his youtube replay(he finished level not
            counting nuke with 13sec left).  So By following his solution, time ran out due to miner turning around to release the blocker. So I fiddled with the time to get it so level
            was finished with aprox same amount of time. and 30sec is what it looks like it needed.
            but here the miner turns around when hitting steel (so this is where I added the 30 seconds) otherwise If he
            didn't turn around like in regular Lemmini I wouldn't have had to add time.) also Nuke last blocker.
            Issues: issue with miner turning around after hitting steel in Superlemmini unlike Lemmini                           

See replay. Yes, the miner turns around on steel, but it is definitely possible to finish without the extra time. Time will be much tighter, but even with the nuke the level finished with 4 seconds left. In any case, getting all remaining lemmings that can't be saved get nuked isn't important as long as the save requirement is met or exceeded before time runs out. There's one United level (the one with 400 lemmings) that cannot be nuked before time runs out, but it doesn't matter because I exceeded the save requirement before time ran out.

Also attached a replay for Stormy 16. It shows that it's possible to mine out the lemming and the crowd will still be able to climb out to the left. Thus, no need to lower the steel. It sounds like adjusting the position of the blocker in your solution is necessary in order for it to work, but it does work. Also, Pieuw said in the description that his solution is not the only one. Indeed, there are other solutions too (see 2nd replay for another solution to Stormy 16). A little more difficult since I use a pass-through blocker after the second lemming goes past the start of the miner tunnel and you have to mine the instant the first lemming touches the ground, but on the flip side it's much easier to release the blocker with a basher. However, you can make the solution easier by blocking anywhere to the left of the entrance and use the digger before bashing to release the blocker.

edit: reattached replays and also my copy of Stormy 16 ini file
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 04:57:22 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 04:33:46 AM »
i can't see your replays even when I put original 316.ini back it says level doesn't exist for the replay. and wrong format for lemmini.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 04:45:21 AM »
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the replays were done in Superlemmini. Needless to say, assume that the replay is for Superlemmini if I don't put Lemmini in the name of the replay, because I make sure to specify which engine the replay is for. Lemmini in the name = replay is for Lemmini. No Lemmini in the name = replay is for Superlemmini.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 04:54:42 AM »
still can't see them even in Superlemmini says level doesn't exit for replay even when I use original 316.ini

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 05:40:42 AM »
ok I got the original one to work that pieuw used also got 2nd replay which is easier. but I wanted to do them myself. I got them both to work. So I'm keeping your 316.ini
Thanks. I appreciate your help because you've played Pimolems before where I haven't. So we're keeping original Be Lem-minded.

And I think the 2nd replay is much much easier to do.

Note: I saw Pieuw online a little bit ago on the Forum.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:12:48 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 08:05:47 AM »
ok onto Hurricane this post will be for that Rank

Hurricane

Level 1 No Justice for Heroes(are we playing Reunion again). because I thought there was a level there with the same title.
           oK, RR is preset to 99. with 1st lemming bash him. some will turn around. (i managed only 4 to turn around where pieuw 5-Thus I saved 1 over the requirement).
           ok now bomb a lemming others will die either splatting or 1 gets stamped in crusher. but float 1. Now dig last lemming in crowd before the slope. also now climb the
           floater when he is facing right(now an athlete). now make another lemming in crowd a climber(facing right). when that climber gets near top of small sloped white stairs
           build him into that, he will turn around. now bash him left thru OWW. Now other 2 lemming will arrive to middle and bottom right-facing OWW's. bash those OWW's
           1 each for each OWW. Now those 2 will die in spinning wheel. But now the path is clear for crowd to exit. and that's it.
           Issues: None.

level 2 Come Hell or High Water...
          ok this level was tricky only in 1 spot. That's where the one builder builds so last step closes off little slit on skinny barrier on left side of map. this makes it so he (now a
          climber) can also climb barrier while the other one got underneath his steps and turned around because builder steps were sealed.
          ok with 1st lemming build a few steps right to barrier to close seal and turn around while the 2nd one float him immediatly to stall him so builder can get it sealed.
          Now bash the 1st lemming thru 1st barrier to the left while make the 2nd one a climber. then once 1st lemming builds you can make him a climber. both will now be able
          to climb at spot where builder built up to slope. then with lead lemming build in such a spot where his last step closes small slit and also touches wall so he can climb.
         meanwhile 2nd one just goes over steps climbs but falls back down(due to sealed off) and head right. Now build lemming going right onto ball. Then build him again
         on diagonal bar just short of 1/2 way so he reaches ledge to the right. Now bash him thru upcoming barrier. he walks over hatch on thin strip.
         now top lemming bash thru barrier to go under exit, and dig him at right ledge before fire blower. Then build bottom lemming right to hit steel block and turn around.
         Now when the top lemming digs low build him right to hit barrier and turn around. and build him from removed bashed area to exit. now finally with bottom lemming after
         turning around build him left into barrier. he is also a climber and he'll climb on his way to exit. and that's it.
         Issues: had to lower skinny sticks on top left side of map since climber wouldn't make it over(kept falling down).

level 3 The Warehouse.
          ok I managed to save 1 more than the requirement. only one I lost was the bomber.
          Ok, make the 1st lemming build at top of slope so he will seal off gap. 2nd lemming who falls make him a floater. by this time the seal will be closed.
          ok the floater will now be the main one clearing path for crowd. Floater will land on small white pillar below. pause and build him right into ledge, he'll turn around.
          now build him left to chain. again he'll turn around. now when he comes back from his short trip to the right, build him left when he climbs a bit of chain. he'll hit a barrier
          and turn around. now he will climb chain a bit again, now build him right. he'll hit the ledge to the right and turn around. now make him climber(Now an athlete).
          now bash right a lemming at top (crowd lemmings) at bottom of slope. they will now land on the builder steps on the chains. set RR to 99.
          Now mine down left lead lemming right at vertical strip by right OWW. Then with the 4th lemming on bottom from crowd bash him. Now this makes it so miner and basher
          meet and both basher and miner stop after opening a gap. now build right over opened gap and bomb a lemming just above and to the left of exit. Now all lemmings
          except the bomber exit. and that's it. Pieuw didn't save the basher only the miner. I managed to stop both basher and miner.
          Issues: None

level 4 alea Iact est (english according to google translate: The die ist cast.)
         ok bomb 1st lemming then 3rd one build (note: builder can't close gap he must fall onto block below.) then when 1st lemmings get to block below dig over rightmost hole
         to contain the crowd.  now build again lead lemming over 2nd gap. Now build one of the last few lemmings so he will land on 1st bridge. now when lead lemming comes
         back facing left dig him on left side of long vertical strip and 2nd one on right side(he's facing right) This part was tricky had to be timed with one of last few lemming to
         build so he will arrive before 1st digger creates a gap. now when left digger is a ways down build him left(he'll land on block below.) now with right digger when is just
         5 pixels from finishing, build him 2 times(he'll go right). Now with left lemming build him a little past 1/2 way down diagonal slope towards crowd, bridge should connect
         low enough on barrier where crowd is. He will turn around. Now build right onto right diggers bridge.Now just bomb a crowd lemming(on right side and high enough up so
         crowd will land on steps without breaking any). And that's it.
         Issues: had to thicken strip where 2 lemmings dig. vertical strip was just to thin. both lemmings wouldn't dig. 1 would always fall off.

level 5 Candelabrum
        ok this is a short one. just dig with 2nd lemming at top, make 1st lemming on bottom left hatch a climber and bomb him high on thin vertical bar(so you don't bomb the
        floor out) then wait one trip for left middle lemmings and bash 1st one thru middle area where digger is digging. The basher will continue bashing thru to other side but a
        tad lower to open a small gap for the middle and bottom right-side lemmings. climb those ones. and that's it.
        Issues:none

level 6 Condemned to Die
          ok this one was actuallly kinda hard because the delayed climber always wanted to beat the builder building to exit. but I managed to do it after many attempts.
          everything in this level had to be precise or it won't work. anyways bomb the 1st lemming. let one fall, then build 2nd one but so he will fall on left side of explosion hole
          where he bashes(note he can only bash at the very lowest spot due to Superlemmini bashers not bashing thru mild slopes again). Therefore I had to lower steel block at
          far end where he stops bashing so he can stop and walk to exit. then with lead lemming on bottom build to steel block slightly left and up from block he's on. make sure
          he is far enough back so he hits very top of the block and turns around(he builds 6 steps-he will be the climber after he turns around) . This will help in stalling for time.
          then build lemming coming left from behind all the way to exit(make sure he extends his builds to get steps to exit faster so climber will make it) then with the climber
          going right build him just past 1/2 on that last block so he builds all 12 steps and climbs barrier to the right and below hatch) and there is a basher left. just waste him
          with the climber going back left while builder is building to exit. this added 1/2 second helps too in the stalling.
          Issues: had to lower steel block at far left where basher bashes because basher can't bash except at the very lowest spot. and that block is too high for him to go over.
                      due to brick strip is not thick enough and in superlemmini bashers can't bash mild slopes.

level 7 Stargazers
          ok dig 1st lemming right before zappers(I added 1 so now there are 2 shown in Youtube level). 2 will land on Right OWW heading right any other will be inbetween
          right OWW and other block 2 left. climb 1st lemming going left. Now mine right 1 of the 2 lemmings landing on far right area (just before 1/2 way on the block).
          now bomb other one at right edge of right OWW. set RR to 99. now when miner is down just before water build him(he'll build right). now send a climber going right from
          ones still coming out (easier than picking one in crowd). Now the builder will hit diagonal bar and turn around. now bash him left thru middle of explosion hole releasing
          crowd(the basher will die) .now the left climber should just beat right climber. mine the left climber right against skinny barrier right of exit(mines right). finally
          build over to exit with the other one there. and that's it
          Issues: had to move down terrain near top edge of screen due to climber just fell down instead of continuing on.
                      also had to slightly narrow small barrier right of exit because miner wouldn't mine it all away(always left a pixel behind) even when miner first lands from falling
                      above.
          Note: I added a 2nd zapper near exit shown in youtube's version of the level

level 8 Logs & Lag Lems
                         First off this level has the climber issue again he climbs over the 2 wells that he shouldnt so in those 2 spots I put on the left one just past well a diagonal
                         barrier from floor to ceiling so he will turn around there. also the right well I put a triple thick diagonal barrier there to turn him around since if he didn't I
                         would have had to add another builder so he would build over exit(but that's not the intended solution) so I used barrier. also because of this I added 10
                         seconds. Now I finished level with 4 seconds left. Pieuws replay had 1 second but I didn't want to add 7 seconds thats too odd of a number so 10 looked better..
                         anyways to solve:  I put RR to 85 then when 1 lemming is facing left I climbed him. now after climber makes his trip(including climbing well(no good) and
                         returning to dirt which is near hatch(also has right OWW's) bash him(goes right). now when the basher gets to the point where he is aligned with right edge
                         of steel block above near hatch(left block) I dug a lemming down at edge of right barrier(facing right). Now the digger will beat the basher and keep digging
                         while the basher stops. also the basher was a climber so he'll climb right barrier where digger is and the other 2 lemmings will head left outside of dirt area.
                         now the 1st lemming going left build him into diagonal terrain to turn him around. At this point the digger is nearing the bottom of dirt so then build him
                         he will build right. also bash the lemming you turned around with a builder into dirt (is one level lower than above bash). now build the lemming a 2nd time
                         to get him over trap. now the right lemming climber will arrive. build him left over small gap(he'll turn around and exit) now all lemmings will be timed just
                         right so they can exit. and that's it (finished with 4sec left).
                         Issues: climber issues so had to fix with diagonal barriers in 2 spots. Also added 10sec to level
                UPDATE: I just saw neolemmix version of hurricane 8, so I changed it to neolemmix's minus the pickup skills
                              so I changed the time back - 10 second so now it matchs pieuw's time
                              I wonder if climbers in neolemmix climb wells. but Icho used a different piece of terrain, so I used his.
                UPDATE2: yes climbers climb wells in neolemmix. I tested this out in the editor of neolemmix so this is why Icho used terrain and removed the wells

Here I included the  new neolemmix version 408.ini file if you want to see what it looks like
                               also this new replay(if it will work)

level 9 Blue Monday
                Ok build 1st lemming into barrier and make 2nd one a climber. then the 5th one a climber. pause and make faller a floater at very last instance. build floater right low
                enough into ledge above so he turns around. now make that 2nd climber dig at edge of barrier. now basher athlete left thru OWW after he climbs and meets digger.
                The height for basher should be just above where the crowd can go by. now when basher is aligned with 2nd from left vertical bar below pause and set RR to 99,
                Now when you see 35 lemmings out pause and set RR to about 85. now mine last lemming on left edge of square block that's below above zapper, and make him
                a climber. Note the digger dies. now when climber gets to the right where the left diagonal bar is build a step into it. He will turn around and go up left.
                now when he goes right up the diagonal bar build him into barrier, he'll turn around. now dig him to the right of the exit. Now he'll go down left on the diagonal bar.
                Now mine him down left at top of square block to release crowd that is contained. Now finally build over to exit when a lemming is facing left. and that's it

level 10 How to prevent a mass suicide
                ok this level is preset to RR 99. Now pause and mine 3rd lemming, unpause then just a tad farther pause and set 2nd one to a blocker. 1 lemming will continue right.
                also the miner will unblock the blocker. make sure no other lemmings follow lead lemming including the blocker. They should all head left. miner will hit steel and also
                go left. Now build lead lemming going right over small water gap. also make him a climber. now build him over exit there. also make the 1st lemming in the crowd a
                climber when going right. top one will be also building over exit at top right. now build a small platform thru thin barrier from top lemming and also bottom lemming
                when facing left. now the rest of the crowd will land on each one and head to exit on bottom and top climber will exit top exit and bottom climber will exit rightmost
                exit. And that's it.
                Issues: had to shift level down 4 units as crowd wouldn't go past diagonal blocks near top. they just would turn around at top of screen.

level 11 The Great Breakout
             ok make the first lemming from the top hatch a climber. then using pause and forward framestepping bomb the climber when he climbs wall. Get as high as you can.
             then with next lemming in hole facing left(again as high as you can) build left to next floor. Then with the 1st lemming walking left build him about 1 and 1/3 block from
             wall. Now when is almost finishing sealing gap block another lemming below the builder against left barrier(Note in Lemmini blocker can be on builder steps because
             they work different than in Superlemmini(I tried doing on steps, i can get a blocker there and have build turn to the right to finish, but no other lemmings can get up
             onto steps to turn right. Therefore I Put blocker below. (doesn't affect solution at all). Now with the 3rd lemming heading right make him a climber. when he climbs wall
             there bomb him as high as you can. (Note I had to lower floor there a tad because bomber would tear a piece of the floor below.) Now with next lemming mine him
             right(again as high as you can get on bombers' hole). now with another lemming facing left in mine shaft mine him down left (must be placed in a certain spot so left
             miner will miner between steel block). Now when left miner is about half way down to next area sent 2 climbers right from lower hatch(make sure climbers are a little
             distant apart). Now bomb 1st climber against right wall and with 2nd climber after he turns around in hole bash him left at lowest spot in hole. He will bash bottom left
             hatch lemmings home. Now the miner shouldn't be mining thru floor, he should stop in hole. now bash right with a lemming near exit thru cans to exit. Now just wait
             for level to finish. only that basher going left to free bottom lemming will die.  Oh also Nuke the bomber. And that's it.
             Issues: had to lower 2nd level from top floor by the right wall because the bomber would always tear a hole in floor there even with the bomber as high on wall as
                        possible. In Superlemmini I think bombers explosion holes are bigger than Lemmini's, definitely bigger than NL.  Sometimes this is good, sometimes not.
                        Depends on the level.

level 12 Rod Island
            First off this level has a major problem in Superlemmini. This one required major editing. Due to the fact bashers can't bash through a single builders steps. slope is not
            steep enough. also had to give some solid terrain where basher bashes right to release the 2 blockers, because the basher would always do 1 bash and stop. also had to
            add a miner to get the worker lemming to mine builder steps so then he can bash thru solid terrain I added. Now the level works. Just kinda looks funky now.
            also by adding the miner to prevent a backroute I added a long vertical strip below others with a steel block at the end of it. Because without adding this part one could
            just mine and land on island below and build to exit, without even using blockers. Now by adding this it would take 2 miners to accomplish this, but I only added 1.
            Anyways to solve build with 1st lemming in such a way that next lemming walks on solid terrain I added, then next 2 lemmings 1 strip above.  Now using pause and
            framestepping make fartherest right lemming a floater and 2nd one(one strip above, a blocker). now when floater lands below on single vertical strip build(right)
            he will hit block ahead and turn around then build him left to make it so lemmings won't splat. Now with 3rd lemming make him a blocker left of right one. 2 lemmings
            will walk back and forth 1 strip above blockers but still hit blockers. Now make bottom lemming a climber. Then bash him left at bottom terrain. Eventually, he will
            climb pole at beginning, turn around and fall and land one small ledge where you build him(right). Now just use the miner I added to break 1st lemmings builders steps
            and immediately bash him right which he will got thru my added terrain and release the 2 blockers.  And that's it.
           Issues: see above.

Iv'e included the edited 412.ini and replay below(if it will work).

level 13 The Barbarous Bars
             Ok good no editing on this one. seems like alot of the Hurricane ones needed editing. But this one no.
             Ok just make first four lemmings floaters then climbers(athletes when facing left). now mine down left 5th one as soon as he turns around at right barrier.
             Then with next lemming bash him left in miners hole after 3 mines(used pause and framestepping). Now the 4 atheletes will climb skinny poles to the left.
             Now bomb the last athlete on top of pole where slit is. Now basher will finish just ahead of 3rd athlete so build him there at end of ledge(left). now with last
             remaining athlete bomb him on top of next pole where slit is. now build a 2nd time. Now with last remaining athelete bomb him but this time not on top of slit,
             bomb on edge before that, before he climbs on top. Now build again. and with final athlete bomb him, again before he gets on top of slit. now build there 1 more
             time. Now finally build left over mine shaft with a lemming by hatch. And that's it.

level 14 Droll Drill
            OK again I hate this level, hardest one in pack so far for me. Just Like the Frozen Mind was in Reunion. I think those levels are just so difficult, Because every placement
            of the builder steps have to be perfect otherwise basher stops.  At least in NL there's skill shadows so would be 10x easier. anyways just make 1st lemming an athlete
            when facing left. Then when he falls and gets to left ledge build him to left hatch lemmings(build 3x with him) final builder step must be exactly place even with
            floor of lemmings. Then after lemming starts 3rd build, pause and send another athlete from top right hatch. Now build him at left edge of block. His first step will
            make it so none of the athletes climb and go right up wall and continue right. He can then just float down. Now withe the lemming who built 3 steps to left wall, let him 
            come back from his short trip and build him again when he floats back down from right barrier. He he builds top builder steps for basher. The placement here again is
            so precise. build him 4x into left wall. Now one of the athletes that is walking right on top of builder steps, build a small bridge into lower wall where bottom right
            lemmings are. This will make it so basher can bash right thru where they are and onto exit. also build a bridge so final 2 lemmings on top right can go over block
            make those 2 floaters.
            I noticed I had 5 builders left, Pieuw had 4. So maybe there's a way to get this level to work easier with those extra builders.
            Issues: None other than being real hard. but I got replay.

level 15 Stony Parkour
            Ok one thing I had to add in this level is a small set of rocks down near bottom steel block due to Superlemmini miners when hitting steel turn around. These rocks will
            make the climber again turn left.
            as far as solving not nearly as hard as previous level even though the builder miner trick is in this level. builder miner tricks are 5x easier to do than builder basher
            tricks. anyways to solve: make 1st lemming a climber. Then dig him on tall right pole(on the right side of it). now make the 8th lemming hatched a climber. now
            this will make it so the 2nd climber will be placed perfectly so he can build right to ledge(build him on right side of digger) now using pause make far right climber mine
            down left in slot where diagonal green pole is to the right of screen. then build bottom climber 2x as soon as he lands on steel block near bottom of screen.
            This is the setup for the builder miner trick. also both builder and miner make it exactly on time. Now miner will hit steel and turn right(in Lemmini left) so this is
            where I had to add rocks below so miner will turn back left. now mine down right the builder in this trick at spot where he mined down left. Then when miner ends
            his mine build him 3x to exit. meanwhile once miner in the trick climbs spot where digger dug, send another crowd lemming(facing right), he will build a small bridge
            so they can fall on the other bridge that the builder built on digger. Now miner down left on top rocks near crowd to free the crowd and he will eventually hit steel and
            turn around so he can exit. And that's it.
            Issues: just had to add small rocks near bottom steel block due to miner turns around in Superlemmini after hitting steel.

level 16 Craving to Burrow
            Due to Superlemmi's engline with the blocker in this level, I had to add a 2nd builder, lemmings can't get on the steps of a single blocker when a builder builds into the
            blocker and  turns right. In regular lemmini and NL they can. Just not in Superlemmini in this level. Also Pieuw solution is just way to hard to execute, so I followed
            closely neolemmix version replay. is much easier. even NL solution is kinda hard to detail so I'll just skip it for this level. also lemmini's version with the blocker
            the lemmings get on the steps but not in Superlemmini. I saw lemmini's version with this and this wouldn't work in Superlemmini.
            Issue: had to add a builder due to other lemmings can't get on the steps of the builder after he builds into the blocker and turns right.

level 17 Prisoners of the Pun
            Ok the trickiest thing about this level was to get it so the timing is right with the athletes, so only 4 make it over sealed of spot from builder on 2nd rod. Had to fiddle
            with it several times finally got it. so now when the 1st athlete gets over to far right spot after floating down build him left into left wall. Then bash 1st lemming againt
            wall (left). now one should get up the back and forth diagonal area where he just puts a small step left side(he will end up getting nuked at end since he's trapped.
            basher will continue bashing left and the other 2 climb up wall. once up there, let the first one fall and land onto the small step placed there now he will build left once
            and exit. the top one build at edge so it will keep athletes from continuing to the right and splatting. now the basher build over small gap on bottom floor and build
            the other one so he can bash left and release crowd(builder must build at a spot so he can bash kinda low to avoid steel). Now the bottom one will build on left rod to
            wall with last step against wall without turning around. he will exit. now basher in the middle will go under stamper and he will exit. Then nuke trapped lemming and
            thats it.
            NOTE: only thing about that level is one of the released climbers follow middle basher and want to climb but keep falling down and repeat, so with the extra builder
                      in the level I just built him into last rod near hatch to turn him around.

Issues: again climber issue. he wants to climb that small pole at far right bottom, so i added another exact one and put on top of other one but slightly left. This will
                        make it so climber wont climb there and die.

Edit: I changed the music to number 7 to match pieuw's one that is playing on Youtube as here it was playing a different tune.

level 18 A-maze-ing Factory
            ok now this level was finally easy compared to the last maybe 6. No tricks really in this one. So this one was much easier to execute.
            First just build the lemming who comes out of the 2nd from left hatch(this is a stall tactic). Now bash lemming at top barrier who comes out of 2nd from right hatch.
            Now bash the lemming who built at left part of same barrier. Now climb lemming from far right hatch when he's facing left. Now when left basher is even with left
            edge of wood bar below bomb him. Then bash lemming in the middle (Right lemming facing left thru barrier) Now climber lemming will be able to climb wall where
            he bashed(also basher falls there). Then bash lemming going left by 3 sets of spikes thru small stars and after he turns around build him up onto stairs. Now
            bash the climber thru small wooden barrier above OWW's. Now with the lemming who built over to stairs bash him right in middle area thru barrier. Now bash left
            the lemming who is the climber on top part left OWW. also when he reaches edge of that spot build him left(he will turn around). Now build the other lemming who
            falls on the steps and is slightly in front of climber at edge of bashed left OWW. Now all 3 lemmings will be in that area. Now build again. Now with the climber
            on top of right OWW build him left at edge of OWW so he hits other bridge and turns around. Now the lemming who built 2x bash him right thru right barrier.
            Now 2 lemmings will be trapped between the 2 OWW'S. (Note climber cant climb there due to step blocking his way.) Now after the basher makes a short trip
            back and forth thru steps bash him left at bottom part(facing left) hill will bash thru right OWW. and release the 2 trapped lemmings. Now all 3 lemmings can exit.
            And that's it.
            Issues: again this is the pillar style set so had to fix in some spots due to some blocks having small slits in them and lemmings falling in them. For some reason
                       the pillar tile set is always like this. Even with other packs (ie: Dovelems, Genesis,etc)

level 19 Balance your Strategy
            ok the issue with trying to release the miner with a basher is just difficult in Superlemmini (I tried several times to do it, it just doesn't work, maybe in Lemmini
            it's easier). so I've decided to remove that trick as it's just too figidity for the pack. I put a steel block on right end near bottom so after miner releases blocker
            the miner will hit steel block to turn around. Also I saw NL's version of this level. It's really different. maybe this trick doesn't work in NL either. Therefore I just
            removed it. And even if it's possible in Superlemmini, it's just too figidity. also since there's no need to use the basher to stop miner, -1 basher.
            Anyways to solve block right facing lemming from right hatch and make him a blocker(and put him kinda close to steel block I added so miner can release him and
            hit steel block. Then with the 1st lemming on left hatch dig him then bash him right after pit is just deep enough to keep other lemmings going left then when basher
           lemming is close to blocker mine him (this is where I removed trick). He will hit steel block I added and turn around. Now with lemming going left in basher pit build
           him to the diagonal ledge. then make left facing lemming a climber and explode him at very top(Must be at very top as there is no leeway here as builder wont make
           it to right ledge before finishing build). Now make a 2nd climber to climb wall. once in hole build him right at very top of hole-again no leeway here. He will turn around.
           Now mine him down left even with beginning of builder steps. He will hit steel and turn around. now mine him so he will just miss steel block below. This will release
           crowd. finally build right over miner gap. And that's it.
           Issues: removed the trick where trying to stop a miner with a basher is just too fidigity. added a small steel block at far right and at bottom of bricks.

level 20 Cuba Libra
            ok in the level the crossing of the bashers doesn't work one would always stop(probably the Superlemmini engine) so what I did is add 7 more climbers(8 total)
            and open up top barrier so lemmings in right middle hatch can just climb there way out. and only the 1 basher will diagonal down(from left to right) and the other
            basher will just bash left at bottom to release crowd.
            To solve first put RR to 99. Then with 1st lemming comming from left do the basher trick diagonal down right. he'll continue bash until he bashes thru to the right
            to release lemmings there. While the basher is doing this. just climb the 8 lemmings that are in right middle hatch to free those. then with the other basher when he is
            at the bottom facing left just bash there to free lemmings on left side. Then finally just bomb a lemming on top of bottom middle barrier and that's it.
            The reason for the RR being set to 99 is because if you don't do it, time will run out.
            Issues: crossing of bashers doesnt work so made it so only 1 has to do the bashing diagonal down and changed terrain near middle right hatch so those 8 lemmings
                        can just climb out.

These last 2 levels were way to figidity so removed those tricks.

Now on to Pickaxe           

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 08:43:50 PM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 08:39:26 AM »
ok I got the original one to work that pieuw used also got 2nd replay which is easier. but I wanted to do them myself. I got them both to work. So I'm keeping your 316.ini
Thanks. I appreciate your help because you've played Pimolems before where I haven't. So we're keeping original Be Lem-minded.

And I think the 2nd replay is much much easier to do.

You're welcome. Just glad to help out wherever, whenever I can.

Level 1 No Justice for Heroes(are we playing Reunion again). because I thought there was a level there with the same title.

Close. The level in Reunion is called Justice for Heroes. I had to look this up, because I thought it was the same title as well. It's close, just without the "no."

level 19 Tree-Athlon

In Lemmini, when you assign bombers to the lemmings, you cannot see the timer above the lemmings at all because the numbers go past the ceiling. Hence, it's super frustrating not knowing if a lemming was close to exploding or not. However, at least one can use the steel markings to help with it.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 08:51:10 PM »

level 3 The Warehouse.
          ok I managed to save 1 more than the requirement. only one I lost was the bomber.
          Pieuw didn't save the basher only the miner. I managed to stop both basher and miner.     

Wow, nicely done! This is an example of a trick where you have proven it is possible in Superlemmini but is extremely difficult to pull off and requires extreme precision and timing: stopping both a miner AND a basher. I don't think it's possible in Lemmini, but I could be wrong. On the other hand, I think it's impossible in NL to cancel both a basher and miner. One will always cancel and the other will always continue, but it should be noted that it is possible to have both continue, but again this requires extreme precision and timing.

More fun trivia. When I first played through the pack back in the day, this was the level in Pimolems that stumped me so badly and caused me to give up on the pack in frustration and I left it incomplete for a few years. At the time, I might had not completed the rank finisher for both Windy and Stormy as well, but I don't remember. When I finally did visit the pack again, I was determined to beat the pack once and for all. Turns out that the solution is somewhat both hard to spot AND difficult to pull off, especially in Lemmini. It should be noted the entire level requires extreme pixel precision, especially with the builders on the chain. Other than that, the hardest part is timing the miner and basher so that it leaves a big enough gap to build up the miner tunnel. I just tried the level in Superlemmini, and the bomber needs to be placed very precisely for the lemmings to exit. A bit too far enough on other side and they won't exit, so that was a bit frustrating.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 09:00:16 PM »
here is my replay: no editing was done on the level, so replay should work.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »
I can't view your replay. Error message says that the "level specified doesn't exist," so it's apparently the same issue you had. In any case, I believe you when you said you stopped both the miner and basher. The normal solution allows you to lose both the basher and the bomber. In your case, you happened to find an alternative, way more difficult solution that involves extreme precision and timing that allowed you to rescue all but the bomber. Again, just differences in mechanics that can cause discrepancies in results. In Lemmini, due to the way the miner hovers in the air, it's much easier to cancel them, and so I'm kind of convinced that it's not possible to cancel both the basher and the miner, and so you will therefore always lose two on the Lemmini version. However, I haven't tried to disprove or prove it, and with how it's very fiddly and super precise, I'm not even sure I want to try, especially since there's no framestepping in Lemmini! It really goes to show that even though Lemmini and Superlemmini are both Java based, there's still some subtle differences that can make all the difference when it comes to solvability/how certain levels play out, although most won't make any kind of difference whatsoever.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 09:30:48 PM »
ok here my .ini file for the level then try this.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 10:19:17 PM »
Nope, same problem. Just to make sure were you able to view my 2 Superlemmini replays for Stormy 16?

edit: Try loading my replay for Hurricane 3 attached here. Does it work for you?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:27:31 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 11:27:52 PM »
yes it works. i see you did it too. yes it's possible. I just finished doing it again. the hardest part is still that stupid bomber placement. I find that harder than the stopping of the miner and basher

ok here is mine again. I played the level over and got the 79/80 solution. Even though you managed it. I just want to test again to see if you can see mine.

included is the 403.ini (unedited) and new replay. just let me know if you can see it.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 11:51:38 PM »
Ok, thanks for letting me know that my Hurricane 3 replay worked. Your new one still didn't work for me. It's fine, like I said I believe you. I think you're the first to confirm that it's possible to stop both a miner and a basher in Superlemmini. I've never tried it or played any level where one could set it up and try it. Good to know that it's possible in Superlemmini. Thank goodness there aren't really any levels that require this trick, as it's very fiddly and requires a lot of precision and really good timing. Besides, I'm not much of a fan of super fiddly tricks like this one. Can't say the same thing in NL. One will always cancel while the other continues, and so it's not possible to cancel both out, but again it's possible to get both to continue.

In the process of checking your new replay, I checked my replay and, oddly enough, that stopped working too and came up with the error message. So, something really weird is going on here with Superlemmini. In any case, I solved the level again and saved a new replay and I have confirmed that my new replay loads fine.

So just making sure, you say my Stormy 16 replays still work too?

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2020, 12:00:07 AM »
yes i saw both your stormy 16's. They worked in superlemmini. I  have the replays but I just did them myself but using yours as a guide.

and yes something is fishy about this replay thing not sure why it doesn't work. and yes sometimes that even happens to me on my own replays where it says the same
error message. I think this is another bug that should be reported. to Tsyu