Author Topic: [SUG][EDITOR] accept non-numpad - and + (=) for zoom  (Read 1911 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
[SUG][EDITOR] accept non-numpad - and + (=) for zoom
« on: November 22, 2019, 12:24:08 AM »
Right now editor's hotkeys are not remappable.  For zoom, your options are either the mouse wheel, or the Numpad +/-.  I've run into times where I'm on a laptop, the mouse doesn't have a scrollwheel, and the laptop keyboard apparently doesn't have separate Numpad version of + and - keys (not even through Fn key).  So it seems I actually cannot change the zoom in the editor on such a setup.

The quickest way to solve this is to allow both the Numpad and the non-Numpad versions of + (would actually be = for the non-Numpad key) and - keys to be accepted for zooming as well; after all, it's not like those keys are currently used for anything else.  Even laptop keyboards generally keep those keys even as they often ditched, for space reasons, the keys on the right in a full keyboard. Alternatively, a pure UI option (eg. in the menu, or one of the editor tabs like "Globals" maybe) to set zoom level would also be helpful and likely more discoverable as well, but probably more work to implement.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][EDITOR] accept non-numpad - and + (=) for zoom
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 02:19:24 AM »
Agree re: both non-numpad keys and menu options. Will see what I can do.

Does your laptop's touchpad (or if you have one, touchscreen) support the pinch-zoom gesture? This appears to work in the NL editor for both touchpad and touchscreen.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][EDITOR] accept non-numpad - and + (=) for zoom
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:24:33 PM »
Implemented in commit f68ed40.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)