Author Topic: Lix Proof Collection (solutions for all levels)  (Read 10967 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Lix Proof Collection (solutions for all levels)
« on: August 18, 2019, 07:35:41 AM »
Hi,

https://github.com/SimonN/lemforum-replays

...offers at least one solving replay ("proof") for every singleplayer level in the main Lix download.

Installation:
  • Follow above link -> Click the green button "Code" -> Download as Zip
  • In your Lix main directory, create the directory replays if it doesn't exist yet.
  • Extract the downloaded archive into replays.
Usage: You can choose:
  • Run Lix, open the Replay browser, and watch individual replays.
  • Or, to check solvability without spoiling:
    In the Replay browser, navigate to the extracted directory (or to a pack or rank inside), then click "Verify Dir".
  • Or, to check solvability from the command line:
    lix --coverage replays/<theExtractedDirectory>
A solving replay is called a proof of solvability for its level. A level with at least one proof is called covered. Ideally, the proof shows the intended solution. When somebody else than the level author covers the level, it's usually close to the intended solution, but it might be a backroute.

If you're a singleplayer level designer, it's good style to cover your levels. If you would like your levels included in the main Lix download, please send me both the levels and their proofs, so I can include your proofs in the proof collection.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:14:55 AM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Proof Collection (solutions for all levels)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 08:15:28 PM »
Installation: Follow above link -> Clone or download -> Download as Zip -> Extract within replays/ of your Lix installation.

That may be a bit pedantic but in a fresh download there is no replays folder although you can just put it in the extraction path so instruction may be technically right.
(I only noticed it because sometimes it irks me that I have to create one myself and thought to myself if a new user could get confused where to put replays. But then again that should have almost no use cases since already one produced replay creates that folder. So I never know if I'm for doing sth. against it.)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »
pedantic but in a fresh download there is no replays folder although you can just put it in the extraction path so instruction may be technically right.
new user could get confused where to put replays.

Pedantism is excellent for these instructions. I changed the instructions in the opening post to explain making the dir. Thanks!

-- Simon

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 02:09:39 AM »
Thanks for the replays for all the single player levels of Lix. I like watching these two.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 10:38:50 PM »
I don't believe any replays exist on the github for the outtake levels of the community pack like "bulldozer"? unless I'm wrong. Does anybody have replays for those levels?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 08:51:59 PM »
I don't believe any replays exist on the github for the outtake levels of the community pack like "bulldozer"? unless I'm wrong. Does anybody have replays for those levels?

The replays for the outtake levels that are shipped with Lix (including Bulldozer) are in the github repo: https://github.com/SimonN/lemforum-replays/tree/master/misc/lemforum-outtakes