Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] Remove support for fully custom lemming sprites, allow recolors.  (Read 6767 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
If you're doing a spriteset that's just a recolor, it's up to you to decide if you'd rather do it the classic way now and change to using the recoloring system later, or if you'd rather just wait for V12.7.0 and use the recoloring system.

Might be good to remind people roughly what the schedule would be like waiting for V12.7.0.  If the spriteset is indeed just a mere recolor, it is absolutely to your advantage to use the recoloring system, as it means you automatically get it applied to any new sprites that might came about in the future due to any new skill additions etc.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Currently, there's no formal structure of how NL releases are timed. I don't know if Nepster had a system; but for me, it's always been "I have a release ready? Release it."

I have proposed (and will probably adopt) such a schedule, as per my recent topic on the main board, but I'm seeing if anyone has any feedback on that first before committing to anything.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)