Author Topic: [SUG][EDITOR] Config setting for Release Rate vs. Spawn Interval  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Currently the player allows displaying either the release rate or the spawn interval, spawn interval is saved internally into the editor's output, but the editor requires release rate. This means that players who use spawn interval have to convert to release rate when using the editor, or manually modify the spawn interval in the output file.

The editor clearly already knows how to interpret spawn interval, since it's what gets saved into the file. Would it be possible to allow users to use spawn intervals as well if desired?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][EDITOR] Config setting for Release Rate vs. Spawn Interval
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 07:49:08 PM »
It should be possible. The conversion formula is extremely simple - to convert one to the other, subtract it from 103 (this works for both directions). For example, RR 50 = SR (103 - 50) = SR 53. The question would be how easy it is to modify the editor's current code to add this option - I'd figure not too hard, but some parts of the editor that should be simple have managed to really confuse me at times.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)