Author Topic: Help With Lemedit  (Read 7033 times)

Arabella(Guest)

Help With Lemedit
« on: November 05, 2005, 07:40:05 AM »
I am having some difficulty loading Lemedit on my latest computer & was seeking help if its around please. I have used Lemedit some years ago on a much older computer & managed to edit & create without any trouble but it refuses to load on my updated PC.
When I begin to install, it goes through a couple of initial steps & the reads "Initializing clock driver..." then gives "FAILED" & I can go no further.

I did try the Lemedit2 but while it recognises the mouse it will not work well enough for me to do any editing or creating.

Any ideas - I'm sure lots of you lemmings lovers have encountered the same problem.

Cheers

Arabella

Jazzem

Re: Help With Lemedit
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 10:57:17 AM »
Are you trying DOSbox? It's an emulator that emulates most DOS games, Lemedit and Custlemm included. The site appears to be down at the moment though...

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 03:48:26 PM »
...but it's still up for download -- DOSBox 0.63 win32

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 04:00:27 PM »
Quote from: Arabella(Guest) link=1131176406/0#0 date=1131176405
I am having some difficulty loading Lemedit on my latest computer & was seeking help if its around please. I have used Lemedit some years ago on a much older computer & managed to edit & create without any trouble but it refuses to load on my updated PC.
Windows XP no longer supports DOS, in a nutshell. ;) As others suggested, you need to use DOSBox, basically a DOS emulator for Windows.  You also need to use LemEdit2 together with DOSBox.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 04:58:52 PM »
If that doesn't work, there's a Lemedit3 which bypasses the clock altogether, which is the only way I could get it to work on the mac dosbox. But I doubt you'll have that problem, and I'm not sure whose it was either.