Author Topic: I'm sorry, but...  (Read 6507 times)

AstralLemming

I'm sorry, but...
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:50:58 PM »
I'm leaving.  :'(

I'm not joking here. I thought of saying something on the lines of being given a life for my birthday and thought better of it.

It's just that this place appears to be slowly imploding, and  I have other places to be. I might come back sometime, maybe in a week or two, maybe in a few years. If there'll be anything to come back to.

It's not that I don't like this place, it's just that it's getting... stale. I like lemmings in a different way - I like the lemmings themselves, not just the games. I'm sorry, I have to go now... Bye...*sobs*

Conway

Re: I'm sorry, but...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 05:21:41 PM »
Bye AstralLemming! I'll miss you.  :-[

Nice sig, by the way!

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 06:02:15 PM »
I'll miss you too!!! Hope we meet again...... somehow.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 06:26:45 PM »
Bye bye! Hope you'll come back soon! :'(
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 08:17:22 PM »
Quote from: AstralLemming  link=1130165458/0#0 date=1130165458
It's not that I don't like this place, it's just that it's getting... stale.

Hey hey, no hard feelings! :) It's ok to admit that you're getting bored with this place.

My general expectation and experiences with most forums is that most members tend to have a lifetime of roughly 0-4 years (I think the high-end of this range is rather optimistic actually).  At some point, either the forum evolves in a direction that disinterests the member, or the member evolves in a direction that causes him/her to become disinterested or unavailable with the board.  And often when you have a group of members that do last longer, it often tends to be for social reasons rather than the board itself (ie. they started relating to each other on topics outside of the board's focus).  Then of course, there are always the "fanatics" who interests fit so perfectly with the board's topics like key-and-lock.

I like lemmings in a different way - I like the lemmings themselves, not just the games. I'm sorry, I have to go now... Bye...*sobs*

Cheer up, I suspect that there are more than one person on this board whose interests in lemmings might also be similar to yours.  Hopefully they can identify themselves through PM and somehow you and them could keep in touch after your absence from this board at large?  Maybe you and them together can even start a new board or something. ;)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 09:03:27 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1130165458/0#4 date=1130185042
Hopefully they can identify themselves through PM and somehow you and them could keep in touch after your absence from this board at large?

Difficult, if Astral Lemming is going to be leaving altogether -- presumably she won't be checking her PMs either. Would you like to leave us an e-mail address in case anyone wants to contact you?

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 02:02:51 AM »
See ya, Astral!  Hope the life goes well... I wish someone would give me one. :'(

Quote from: Ahribar  link=1130165458/0#5 date=1130187807
Difficult, if Astral Lemming is going to be leaving altogether -- presumably she won't be checking her PMs either. Would you like to leave us an e-mail address in case anyone wants to contact you?

<-- E-mail button

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 02:12:05 PM »
Bye Lemily. Good Luck for the future, I'll miss you. As one person leaves though, another returns.

Andi

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 05:32:41 PM »
Bye and good luck! You like the Lemminsg themselves? We think the same. ;) I never played ONE of them through. I think the most brilliant think are the characters.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 05:46:07 PM »
Goodbye AstralLemming.

And no, I'm not leaving, I'm just not online as much as I used to be. Back in the good ol' days (4 months ago) I used to be online every other hour, now it seems like I'm online every other day. :-(

drumnbach

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 05:49:04 PM »
We've had some amusing run-ins on this board, you and me :) You're a bright person and will no doubt go far in life.

Good luck for the future,
J.S Drumnbach

AstralLemming

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 07:38:01 PM »
I'm... Touched.

You people have been awesome. I think I'm gonna cry... Seriously, I am.

Signing out for the last time,
                                   Emily S-W miss_lemming@hotmail.co.uk

P.S. I hope you like my little gift.

JM

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 07:49:16 PM »
I'll Miss you  :'(

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 11:35:06 PM »
Quote from: AstralLemming  link=1130165458/0#11 date=1130269081
I'm... Touched.

You people have been awesome. I think I'm gonna cry... Seriously, I am.

Ooohhh... sad! I'm touched too! :'(
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...