Author Topic: [NO-BUG] Pressing Alt+F4 while playing a level causes an Access Violation  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
If, when playing a level in the NeoLemmix player, pressing Alt+F4 to quickly quit out causes an untrapped EAccessViolation exception to be raised. While not major because you desire to exit anyway, it's a little unclean and causes a "Stopped working" message to appear.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:36:53 PM by Nepster »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
I cannot reproduce this bug and need a few more details:
1) Did this error occur on the stable old-formats version or the experimental new-formats one? Note that I am no longer fixing bugs for the old-formats version.
2) Did this bug occur while playing a level or while being on the main menu?
3) Do you have any hotkey assigned to F4? If yes, then please tell me which.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Apologies.

1) It was in version V10.13.18 while playing a single level (selected from the dialog box upon running the program)
2) While playing the level.
3) I have the default hotkey assigned to F4, which selects the Floater, but for me, this crash occurs even if the level in question doesn't have any Floaters.

Error message:

Exception EAccessViolation in module NeoLemmix.exe at 00F8023.
Access Violation at address 008F8023 in module 'NeoLemmix.exe'. Read of address 00DC80DC.

Notably, the first two hexadecimal numbers are always the same, but the read of address is different each time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:43:43 PM by Crane »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Thanks for the additional info. This bug seems to have gone away in the new-formats version, and as I said, I will not fix the old stable version.

The first hex value is (as far as I can tell) the position in the binary code, that throws this exception, so it makes sense for it to be always the same. The read adress is the location where some game variable is stored in your computer's memory, so it's normal that this one varies.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Ah, okay then.