Author Topic: So, what have I missed?  (Read 16196 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: So, what have I missed?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 02:18:51 AM »
0xdeadbeef: I've been collecting Lemmings MIDIs for some Cheapo styles I've been making. I got a couple of the Internet, and some from ccexplore and DragonsLover. I have the "Beast" and "BeastII" specials if you want those. I'd also love to have your "Doggie" and "O Little Town" MIDIs; I have two for "O Little Town" but wouldn't mind trying out another to see if it's better; and I have nothing at all for "Doggie". Use my e-mail link on the left under my username.

DragonsLover: have you sequenced more of the songs since you sent me yours, then? Please please send!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 06:39:17 AM »
Quote from: Timballisto  link=1126208020/15#28 date=1126659760
That reminds me. &#A0;I find that there are two ways that lemming music can sound.

Actually there are like half a dozen ways they can sound depending on which version (ie. for which system) of the game you're looking at.

The DOS version (either Adlib or Tandy) is not exactly high quality since it's limited by the sound hardware available to PC back then.  In fact, I'd probably rate it the lowest, though to some degree I guess this depends on personal preferences and familiarity.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 06:43:09 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1126208020/30#30 date=1126664331
and I have nothing at all for "Doggie".

Didn't DragonsLover sent you his version?  Even I have it.  I'll resend it to you.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 06:47:56 AM »
Cool! No, he didn't; he sent me all the musics he'd done, but there were a couple he hadn't done yet at the time -- "Doggie", "Cancan" and "Ten Green Bottles". I don't much care about the latter two, as I have good versions of those musics from elsewhere; but if you have DragonsLover's versions (that is, if he finished them), I wouldn't mind if you'd send those too, since it's always good to have a bit more variety.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 12:58:58 PM »
I'm gonna send you back the same midis, I've improved them and added more (BeastI and Menacing). Enjoy!

Someone else want my songs? ;P

Note: The Doggie song isn't good enough, even if I have 3 different versions. It is very hard to sequenced if I tried the Amiga or PC version. I'll prefer do a mix of both Amiga and Atari ST, because Atari ST is longer. I've sequenced an Atari ST version in one of the 3 files.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

0xdeadbeef

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 02:16:47 PM »
Hm,

I'd still still take the two songs missing in the Win95 version. I'm also looking for the songs for the 4 special levels (I only have a version of "menacing").
Additionally, I don't have a single song for ONML...

However I also did some research on lemmings mod files. There seem to be conversions/recreations of single tunes, but at the moment, I don't see a chance to get all Songs in that format, while for midi, I'm at least close.
Then again, I'd still be interested in using mod based music, but only if someone could point me to the appropriate ressources.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 02:41:48 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1126208020/30#34 date=1126702738
[...]Someone else want my songs? ;P[...]
Could you send them to me too, please? (e-mail: geoo89(ad)gmail(dod)com )

[...] Additionally, I don't have a single song for ONML...[...]
I think ccexplore is sequencing some, I don't know how far he got until now.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 05:38:53 PM »
Quote from: geoo89  link=1126208020/30#36 date=1126708908
Someone else want my songs? ;P

Could you send them to me too, please? (e-mail: geoo89(ad)gmail(dod)com )

Could I have some too? It's just to see if they're worth having. :P

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 05:39:26 PM »
Atari ST (still based on Lemmings Jukebox and WinLem)

1. Track 17 - Mountaip
2. Track 2 - Lemmin1p
3. Track 3 - Tim2p
4. Track 4 - Lemmin2p
5. Track 5 - Tim8p
6. Track 6 - Tim3p
7. Track 7 - Tim5p
8. Track 8 - {Unavailable}
9. Track 9 - Tim6p
10. Track 10 - Lemmin3p
11. Track 11 - Tim7p
12. Track 12 - Tim9p
13. Track 13 - Tim1p
14. Track 1 - Cancanp
15. Track 14 - {Unavailable}
16. Track 15 - Tim4p
17. Track 16 - Tenlemsp

Note that it's almost the same thing than on Amiga, excepted 2 songs.

I think ccexplore is sequencing some, I don't know how far he got until now.

I guess that ccexplore converted them.

Geoo89, ok, I'm gonna send you the songs. You too, Isu. ;P

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 05:50:01 PM »
The emails are sended to you 3. Look in your Inbox! :D

3? Yep! 0xdeadbeef was interested too! ;P

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 07:30:46 PM »
Oh thanks. Some sound better than the WinLemm midis, some don't I think.

A little problem is that when the song finishes, not the whole time is up, i.e. it doesn't play anything for some time. (e.g. song ends after 1:20, but the whole time of the song is 2 min, so there's 40 sec of nothing played.)
Anyone else with this problem?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2005, 12:48:04 AM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1126208020/30#34 date=1126702738
It is very hard to sequenced if I tried the Amiga or PC version.

It's really not worth trying.  Dog barks are not something that can be handled well by MIDI, at least standard MIDI.  Even the DOS version hardly sounds like dog barks, but at least the FM-synthesis capability of Adlib cards allows some degree of control over the sound timbre.  With MIDI you're basically stuck with the standard GM set of instruments, which doesn't include any sort of dog barks.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2005, 12:49:54 AM »
Quote from: geoo89  link=1126208020/30#40 date=1126726246
Oh thanks. Some sound better than the WinLemm midis, some don't I think.

A little problem is that when the song finishes, not the whole time is up, i.e. it doesn't play anything for some time. (e.g. song ends after 1:20, but the whole time of the song is 2 min, so there's 40 sec of nothing played.)
Anyone else with this problem?

40 seconds of nothing is definitely weird.  Feel free to send the problem MIDI file to me and I'll take a look when I have the time.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2005, 12:56:37 AM »
Quote from: 0xdeadbeef  link=1126208020/30#35 date=1126707407
I'm also looking for the songs for the 4 special levels (I only have a version of "menacing").
Additionally, I don't have a single song for ONML...

Well, as Ahribar have reminded all of us recently again and again, I have yet to deliver my promise to get them done.  But I haven't given up, despite all appearances to the contrary......

I did have one of the ONML ones done a while back.  I'm trying to get the other ones done as soon as possible, but note that this thing was started back in June/July.

As for the 4 special levels, I have something for BeastI and something for BeastII if you're interested.  I plan on hand-sequencing the Awesome one but that could take a little time.

There seem to be conversions/recreations of single tunes, but at the moment, I don't see a chance to get all Songs in that format

Can you point me to some URLs?

If it's a true conversion, it seems weird that they would only be able to get a single tune rather than all of them.  My understanding is that the main different between the MOD and Lemming's custom format is that with Lemming's custom format, the samples are shared amongst all the music, whereas in MOD each track specifies its own samples.  So it would seem that if someone was able to convert one, there is no reason not to be able to convert all.

Whereas if it's a re-creation, well, look forward to waiting forever for all of them to get completed.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2005, 01:15:47 AM »
So, you too you sequence songs by hand? Can I have a copy of your Lemmings&Cie songs please?

I thought you converted them, but I realise that it's not. Sorry!