Author Topic: [Fixed] [Bug] [NLEditor] Click-dragging outside level boundary crashes editor  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
I don't know if this has already been discovered or not but when I repeatedly click and drag outside the level boundary in NLEditor, The editor sometimes crashes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:00:54 PM by Nepster »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Thanks for reporting the bug. The editor should have created a file "ErrorLog.txt" in the same directory it itself is located. Can you send me this file? Otherwise it's very hard for me to tell what exactly is going wrong.

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
Apparently, the editor did not create a errorlog.txt file when it crashed like this for some reason.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Ok, did the editor at least display some kind of error message? If so, what did it say?

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
It's said
"NLEditor has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
[Debug] [Close program]"

I clicked debug for more information and I got this:

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Interesting, because I catch all unhandled exceptions in the main program loop and print their stack-traces to ErrorLog.txt. It seems that you circumvented that in some way or that this message gets generated even before the exception bubbles up far enough for me to catch it.
I will add even more exception handling in the next editor version, in the hope that this elusive exception gets caught in some way. ;)

Until then I cannot really do much. Sorry.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Please try the new editor version 1.1 and see whether the bug still occurs there resp. whether it now writes something to the ErrorLog.txt.

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
Nope. The bug still occurs without an Errorlog.txt being generated.