Author Topic: NLEditor on Linux/Mono, widgets misshapen  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
NLEditor on Linux/Mono, widgets misshapen
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »
Mono on Linux is popular to run C# apps. I've managed to build NLEditor. See attachments for screenshots. Observations:
  • The light dropdown menus have light text. I have a desktop theme with dark widgets and light text. That's probably a bug in the Mono widgets: They specify light bg, but keep user's text color.
  • Some widgets are wider than they should be, they reach underneath the level map. (Or the level map is too fat and goes over the widgets on the left.)
  • Tile pickers (empty boxes under the map): The form-designed tile boxes on the left are too big. The programatically-generated boxes on the right have the correct shape.
  • Number pickers: Numbers center within the entire widget. Nepster expected them to center merely within the arrow-free portion of the widget.
I reported this in #neolemmix earlier today. This post is for reference. None of this is urgent.

NLEditor doesn't have a readme or build instructions yet. Here's how I built it on Archlinux:
  • Install mono.
  • git clone https://bitbucket.org/StephanNeupert/nleditor
  • cd nleditor
  • xbuild, run without arguments, it will find the build info by itself. It warns that it's deprecated, but the mono distribution doesn't seem to ship with any other build tool. And xbuild seems to build the project without problems.
  • mono NLEditor.exe
-- Simon