Author Topic: Raymanni's tilesets  (Read 14520 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Raymanni's tilesets
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 04:25:58 PM »
You'll also still need to fix the minimap color in the Sewer graphic set, as the minimap (for those using the low-quality minimap NeoLemmix option) is still a black background with green dots.

Also, thought of a moving background idea for the Snow tileset - simply white dots of snow or white snowballs falling down from the sky, or you can make the snow move left or right, putting a blizzard in mind. For bonus, add some snowflakes.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:42:25 PM by Wafflem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 09:01:29 AM »
You'll also still need to fix the minimap color in the Sewer graphic set, as the minimap (for those using the low-quality minimap NeoLemmix option) is still a black background with green dots.
Dang it! I knew I forgot to change that in one of the tilesets... :-[
Also, thought of a moving background idea for the Snow tileset - simply white dots of snow or white snowballs falling down from the sky, or you can make the snow move left or right, putting a blizzard in mind. For bonus, add some snowflakes.
I'll consider it!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »
A few more things that should be fixed:

The balloons in the Circus tileset need to move along with the balloon strings; currently, only the strings move. The fact that the balloons don't move gives it the impression that they are terrain, as seen in Tender 13 "Hello, Mr. Rigatoni" of Raylems.

I'm not too sure about the silver-colored columns in the Circus tileset as well; they look like steel.

Also, you may want to slightly darken the white part of the background in the Toys tileset; the white part makes it too distracting and a little too hard to see the lemmings.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »
Noted! I will be making these changes and more after the new format thingy is out. ;)

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »
here is a nice sound effect for your circus hammer trap.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:05:05 PM by Geoff »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
I prefer the circus hammer trap's current sound effect over this one. The current one also has a bell that rings after the lemming is hit, which is a very great touch to the current sound effect.

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
I prefer the circus hammer trap's current sound effect over this one. The current one also has a bell that rings after the lemming is hit, which is a very great touch to the current sound effect.

where do i find that sound effect?

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »

where do i find that sound effect?
It's in the graphic set. Just put the hammer trap to a level and try it out. ;)

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 05:57:55 PM »
is there anyway to extract the sounds?

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 06:39:50 PM »
is there anyway to extract the sounds?
I don't think there is. You can extract images from the graphic file but not sounds.

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 09:13:20 PM »
Well there is ways. :thumbsup:

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Well there is ways. :thumbsup:
Well great, now you have the sound effect! :D

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
I've finally managed to mkae some changes to these tilesets. Nothing great but something that will give me a peace of mind.
The new version is V3, I added it to the first post.
-Every set now has custom pickup skills
-Fixed the missing minimap palettes
-Biolab and Cyberspace have anti-splat pads now
-The silver pole from circus is now steel
-Snow tileset's repeating background now actually looks like a cave :P
-Snow tileset also has snowflakes to make a snowing effect

I hope I didn't miss anything. If you still spot anything weird, please tell me. :thumbsup:

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
Thanks for the update and all the additions and improvements you've made! :thumbsup:

The new pickup skill designs are awesome, though as namida said these will no longer work once the new NeoLemmix format comes out.

Biolab:
Love the trampoline-esque antisplat pad. A splat pad should also be included.
I'm not sure if it was a good idea to shrink the brown tubes. Please bring the big brown tubes back; I preferred those over the smaller ones.

Circus:
Thanks for turning the silver columns to steel!
This one should also have splat/antisplat pads, and a similar design to the antisplat pad used in Biolab will also be perfect for this one.

Cyberspace:
I don't like the flashing on the antisplat pad; again, it would hurt one's eyes. I would remove the flashing. I would also include a splat pad.

Snow:
The new cave background looks quite awesome and feels reminiscent of Ice Cap Zone. :thumbsup: I didn't like it at first, but now it's growing on me; it's definitely a lot better than the squares one. Thanks for adding the snowflakes as well, though I think they could use a little animation (like how LPIV Space's moving background stars are animated)

Toys:
Love the clouds you've added; it makes the tileset so reminiscent of Toy Story :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !
The steel beams IMO are hard to work with if one wants to use them to patch some backroutes. I would also include a 16x16 steel block.

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »
Thanks Wafflem! I actually didn't know that splat-pads existed... :-[

More changes to come!