Author Topic: The worst way to lose  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
The worst way to lose
« on: July 09, 2005, 02:20:35 AM »
I had an idea.  What if we did another level list game, only we listed the best way to lose a level!  (Best referring to stupidest most idiotic (and funniest) way to lose).  For example, on Cascade, it would be to do nothing!  Load up the level and then do it...I would laugh if I did that to be honest.  Not sure about anyone else.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Re: The worst way to lose
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 08:54:43 AM »
A couple of well-known ones, and some others not so well known:

5 Fun (You need bashers this time): Run out of bashers :P

15 Fun (Don't let your eyes deceive you): Trailblaze a path to the rope trap, release the crowd, sit back and watch!

10 Tricky (There's a lot of them about): Well, that was easy.... oh no, wait, there's a whole other lot of lemmings the other side of the level!

(Actually, there's quite a lot of levels that one could apply to.)

15 Tricky (Ozone friendly lemmings): Forget that you need to save 60% and use all your bombers just for the hell of it.....

20 Tricky (One-way digging to freedom): Standard job with two athletes, front one blocks, second one turns round and bashes the wall. Only you've put your blocker on a thin bit of the platform.....

26 Taxing (Triple Trouble): Keep failing because you always get a lemming going the wrong way to build at the end :P

29 Mayhem (Save Me): Get all the way to the end, you've been very careful with your builders to make sure you have two left for the final turning bit. Oops, but you've only got one blocker! How did that happen?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 02:43:21 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1120875636/0#1 date=1120899283
15 Fun (Don't let your eyes deceive you): Trailblaze a path to the rope trap, release the crowd, sit back and watch!

Lol!  That one I did when I was little...only it was an accident!  ;P

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 05:18:11 PM »
I got just one at the moment:

Fun 1 - Dig though the floor. 'Nuff said

Dashwarts

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 09:32:51 PM »
15 Tricky (Ozone friendly lemmings): Forget that you need to save 60% and use all your bombers just for the hell of it.....

I did that on accident recently

Oh No! more lemmings: Lemming Catsup Factory
Just sit back and watch...

PS thanks AstraLlemming for the reccomendation :D

AstralLemming

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 04:32:28 PM »
Use the modify button please. Noone likes spam.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 06:26:49 PM »
Quote from: Isu  link=1120875636/0#3 date=1120929491
I got just one at the moment:

Fun 1 - Dig though the floor. 'Nuff said

I did this the very first time I played Lemmings, when I had no clue what I was doing. Still got 50% somehow.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 11:52:42 PM »
It is easy to lose on levels that have invisible terrain.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 03:17:22 AM »
I know of a few funny ways to lose, but I have a couple that are downright nasty.

One time my sister (who was just learning the game) almost lost Fun 11 by simply running out of time!  When she finally solved it, there were about 20 seconds left.  Time ran out as the lemmings were rapidly pouring into the exit, and she ended up saving exactly 83%!

Here's another bad way to lose that my dad did once:  The first time he saw Crazy 11 in ONML, he tried to float and build to the exit you see when you first start the level.  He didn't bother searching right to find the other entrance.

10 Tricky (There's a lot of them about): Well, that was easy.... oh no, wait, there's a whole other lot of lemmings the other side of the level!

(Actually, there's quite a lot of levels that one could apply to.)

I actually made that mistake once on Havoc 7 in ONML.

In my opinion, the absolute worst way to lose is a tie between the two that I've listed below. Both of these are very aggrevating, to say the least:

1.  After finally getting the lemmings spaced out right to execute the very tough 77/80 solution to Mayhem 29, accidentally miss one of the two nasty builders at the end of the level.

2.  The leader gets zapped by the trap while building a bridge in ONML's Havoc 15.

JM

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 09:33:27 AM »
This is a bad way to lose

1. Dig down the small step on Mayhem 16 and it traps all the lemmings.Then bash the wall but you won't be able to save all the lemmings that way.

2. On Taxing 3 Start building a bridge and all the lemmings fall off the bridge that is being built.

3. On Fun 22 all the lemmings fall off the cliff while the leader is bashing through the trees.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 10:22:51 AM »
Quote from: JM  link=1120875636/0#9 date=1121592807
This is a bad way to lose

1. Dig down the small step on Mayhem 16 and it traps all the lemmings.Then bash the wall but you won't be able to save all the lemmings that way.

Which version? That's exactly the way I solved the level on the Mac version......

JM

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 02:22:48 PM »
PC Version

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 03:54:05 PM »
2. On Taxing 3 Start building a bridge and all the lemmings fall off the bridge that is being built.

Bad memories.  :'(  I was so stupid back then...

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 07:56:49 PM »
Taxing 3 gave me so many time problems when I was little. Now, I can pass it almost every time, with about 20 seconds left on average.

I have never been able to activate the trap on Havoc 15. I know it's there, but I can't get it to work, even building normally. (Then again, I use the "direct" route to pass the level, not the "intended, go around" route.)

I remember when I was little and I had a very hard time passing Taxing 13 (My route now is rather easy), but I thought I had finally figured out a route that worked, and had just one miner left, but only had to mine through the one-way pillar near the end of the level. I mined it, and the lemming just stopped after one swing. For no reason. He didn't fall of any height, so that scratches that theory. I was so incredibly angry. And it was 2 and a half years before I finally beat that level.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 08:51:24 PM »
When I was younger I lost on Taxing 3 a lot. Some of the levels further on were no problem but Taxing 13 was troublesome. Mayhem 16 was hard to pass because all the lemmings were spread out on the ground and some were waiting to turn around when there was 20 seconds left but my time kept being up. Mayhem 29 was very very hard but I managed to pass it.