Author Topic: Multiple skill assignments per frame  (Read 5017 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Multiple skill assignments per frame
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »
I'd be surprised if there's even one replay that gets broken as a result of changing it. Off the top of my head, I can think of a total of four levels that actually require the nuke in the solution (one of which isn't V1.47n-friendly for other reasons anyway); there's probably two or three more out there that I don't know of. Some of these don't even give you any skills, or would have no reason to use a skill at around the same time as the nuke. When using the nuke in a replay that doesn't actually require nuking (as a means of ending the replay), it's usually long after the last skill has been assigned.

Consistency is the main goal here, indeed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »
I still would call the nuke a skill. I always end my replays properly by nuking remaining lems so the replays stop running. 

I would find it very annoying if my replays don't nuke automatically at the end anymore. :devil:

From my levels "Apocalypse Maintenant" uses the nuke in the solution.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 03:09:41 AM »
Nuke is not going to be removed from replays. That isn't on the table at all.

The only question is whether to allow a regular skill assignment + a nuke on the same frame (since two skill assignments on the same frame is not allowed).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)