Author Topic: Lemmings comming to Sony PSP  (Read 16565 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings comming to Sony PSP
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 10:18:32 AM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1116495432/0#14 date=1116579296
And "This one should be a doddle". Not to mention a very interesting looking level in the "pipe" style that seems to be a new creation.

I should hope that they have new levels in the game.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 10:35:18 AM »
Looks great... but I'm quite angry. Now I have to buy a PSP! For this ONE game! I'm a Nintendo person!  Why can't they make a PC and DS version too?

Though maybe if this comes out, it will sprout more games... and Lemmings will return to the gaming world.

Andi

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 10:47:51 AM »
Quote from: Mr. Ksoft  link=1116495432/15#16 date=1116585318
Looks great... but I'm quite angry. Now I have to buy a PSP! For this ONE game! I'm a Nintendo person!  Why can't they make a PC and DS version too?

:agree:

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 01:32:26 PM »
Also I think the screenshot of the level with the big dinosaur skull is "You live and Lem".

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 03:01:46 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Ksoft  link=1116495432/15#16 date=1116585318
Looks great... but I'm quite angry. Now I have to buy a PSP! For this ONE game! I'm a Nintendo person! &#A0;Why can't they make a PC and DS version too?

...um, because Sony owns the rights to Lemmings right now and is probably going to hog it for all its worth?

Looks like you just got one more reason to hate Sony......  :P

Andi

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2005, 07:11:10 PM »
I wouldn't be that sure. There are Sonic Games for Gamecube and GB Advance. Somehow confusing.

drumnbach

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2005, 07:18:57 PM »
But because Sony own the rights, seeing Lemmings appear on the DS would be like seeing Mario appear on the PSP.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 01:48:18 AM »
Yerp.  Sega is technically out of it anyhow, are they not?

Andi

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2005, 09:10:09 PM »
So why did Sonic appear on a GB?

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2005, 12:10:42 AM »
I haven't followed Sega very much, but as Timballisto pointed out, at some point Sega finally "declare lose" against Nintendo and stopped making consoles and handhelds, so they are no longer really in direct competition with Nintendo, plus if they are going to release games it will have to go to somebody's system.  It only makes business sense that Nintendo would let Sega published the Sonic games on the GC and GBA.

Now that's assuming those Sonic games you mentioned are released after Sega demise not before.  It would be very strange indeed if they were released earlier.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2005, 01:50:10 AM »
Yes, they appeared after the Dreamcast was on its way out.

AstralLemming

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2005, 06:34:26 PM »
After nearly exploding with sheer joy at the fact that Sony were actually doing something with the lemmings liscense, I looked at the screenshots. My immediate thoughts were "Dear God. Sony have officially killed the graphics..." As for the character art, however, I think the lemmings look kind of cute in a slightly odd way, even if whoever made/drew(delete as applicable) them still hasn't worked out how to get them to smile without them looking weird. That's the reason I have changed avatar to a slightly edited version of one of the pieces of character art.

Andi

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2005, 07:02:29 PM »
ZOMG! THAT'S THE CHARACTER ART FROM LEMMINGS PSP??? X_X

AstralLemming

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2005, 07:42:01 PM »
Yes. Everything is exactly like the original except the black background, the initials and the size.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 12:07:03 AM »
Erm...If I might ask, what exactly did they "kill" about the graphics?  I mean, I think they look cool.  Because of that, more people would like it anyhow.  Another port would not bring any new interest.  The graphics help to bring this lemmings game away from the "port" category that everyone seems to ignore if they don't need anything on another system or don't want the game in the first place because it's old.  Also, if there ever was a new lemmings game, I expected it to have newer graphics for those reasons.

Does anyone else wonder about the glitches, such as the blocker glitch, or the 1,2,3,2,1 trap door glitch, or the fall into the exit from too high and still live glitch?  Maybe those won't be there anymore.