Author Topic: Does this sound familiar?  (Read 6662 times)

Does this sound familiar?
« on: May 06, 2005, 08:13:48 PM »
This tune popped into my head out of nowhere.  I have a feeling I've heard this before but cannot identify it.  I made an effort to make a MIDI out of it and this is kinda what it sounds like:

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/tune.mid

Anyone able to identify it?  Almost sounds like some kinda Disney theme song but I have no idea, I haven't really watched any Disney stuff for quite a few years.  I don't listen to any particular artists or genre, so it could be anything from the radio or TV or something.

Conway

Re: Does this sound familiar?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 09:42:39 PM »
The beginning and background sounds a little like one of the Lemmings tunes, but the rest I don't recognise.

Andi

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 10:26:42 PM »
I also know it from somewhere... Hm......

But I think it was a game.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 08:17:20 AM »
Never heard it before, but I'd love to incorporate it in a Cheapo style if you could extend it a bit somehow.......

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 09:40:07 AM »
Well, I'll see what I can do, but right now I'm more focused on getting the other Lemmings music done first.

By the way, how's your searching?

I wasn't able to find any MIDIs for ONML, and I haven't received anything from "guest2" yet.  Though at least you can count on DragonsLover eventually getting them done, if not already done.

Lemmings 2 I have more luck.  I actually found some MIDIs I believe directly from the composer's website or something (but I no longer have the link to it, I chanced upon it thru Google, and it was quite a while ago).  Unfortunately they were probably made for a specific, older MIDI card and doesn't sound too great on modern MIDI synthesizers.  The percussion in particular were really messed up.  I'm working on cleaning up the percussion (not my forte at all...) for the Sports Tribe theme (that MIDI sounded the best out of the ones I got from the site), then I can post it on my site and you can listen to it and decide whether it's worth including.

I'm also sure there's bound to be something in vgmusic.com for the Lemmings 2 music, I haven't even looked yet.  And then as I said, I can rip music out of the ROMs for the SNES version of Lemmings 2, so MIDIs for that game shouldn't take too long to deal with.  Come to think of it, I can also do this for the SNES version of Lemmings 1 in particular for the special graphics levels, although I actually didn't like the SNES version of those music quite as much as the PC version.  Still, the effort is relatively minimal, and I guess there's no harm in having a diversity of options.

AstralLemming

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 10:44:11 AM »
I agree with Andi that it's probably from a game. About halfway through, it actually started to sound distinctly Mario-ish...

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 11:52:15 AM »
Maybe something from Final Fantasy?
The music in Final Fantasy IV sounds something like that.

AstralLemming

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 07:42:23 PM »
I heard a tune from "The Little Mermaid" and it sounded suspiciously similar.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 04:08:26 PM »
It sounds like a Zelda song... or from the final of a game. I don't know... :???:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Dashwarts

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 05:20:53 PM »
The instruments sound Runescape like, but that might be because my sound card always makes high-instrument midi's annoyingly sound like that :x but the notes seem to make it feel like it came from an old NES RPG, :agree: it's from Zelda or something... :agree: (again) with Mario-ish stuff