Author Topic: CustLemm Level List Game  (Read 255578 times)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Level List Game
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 03:17:14 AM »

Conway01 Level 3 - Head start

70 Lems
100% to save
RR: 95
Time: 5 minutes

Good: A cool idea for a level, and it's fun to play.
Bad: A little too easy, especially with all of those builders.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 11:40:45 AM »
Level 4: Round the bend

Skills: 1 Climber
         1 Floater
         1 Bomber
       10 Builders
         4 Bashers
         2 miners
         4 diggers

Number of lemmings: 64
98% to be saved
Release Rate: 15
Time: 5 minutes

Good: No blockers makes the level a little more difficult

Bad: I don't know if I found the intended solution, or a backroute

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 05:37:10 PM »
If you ignored the whole bend area and went over the top, that's a backroute. That's what I did, but Conway said you're supposed to actually go round the bend.

Conway01 Level 5 - As soon as yr back is turned....

80 Lems
90% to save
RR: 1
Time: 1 minute

Good: Uses a very cool trick. Challenging level. Nice level design, although it's clearly impossible to go all the way to the right.

Bad: It can be really hard to place the builders right in CustLemm. The 90% requirement seems just a little too harsh. Could have sacrificed two periods in the title for "ou" in your. :P

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 08:06:26 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/15#28 date=1115171109
Oh. How do you play your own levels? And do you mean you don't as in you're not willing to...?

Well, any other takers? Please  B)

No, I'm willing to use Custlemm.  Also, I'm willing to try these levels out, only I can't given the current circumstances.  I think Custlemm levels play in lemmings.  I think I've tried it before.  I don't have Custlemm.  If you're asking how I make my own levels, I just use lem edit, alt-tab to the desktop, launch lemmings, test, and switch back and forth until I get the level right.

EDIT:  Wait...I'm on my dad's computer...oh duh.  I can play lemmings over here.  Well, time to go get those level packs...

Conway

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 11:36:47 PM »
That's odd. Which operating system do you have? Custlemm should work in XP, and every version before that. Not sure about Macs . . .

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 11:42:55 PM »
Quote from: Shvegait  link=1114567084/15#26 date=1115133895
Added a bunch of level pics to http://www.jx3.net/tdg/shve/levelpics/ :)

Insane Steve, it seems my versions of your packs are somewhat corrupted (Game crashed on Level 3 and beyond on ISteve02.dat). Is there some place I can find working versions of your packs?

My Useless Website has all 9 sets. Maybe try there? I have no idea what corrupts my sets -- they work fine for me...

Conway01 - Level 6: Don't Just Dig

Good: A very clever digger trick is required here. A neat looking level design, to boot.

Bad: It's a bit tedious to place the builders in a way that passes the level.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 01:51:42 AM »
Thanks Insane Steve, those files worked. I think it was because I had downloaded them off of Garjen, and some of their files were corrupted.

Conway01 - Level 7: Change of plan

50 Lems
78% to save
RR: 15
Time: 1 minute
Skills: 30 diggers

Good: A fun and simple level that pushes the "bashing" ability of diggers.

Bad: Lots of pausing to get the perfect positioning.

Note: It's possible to save more than 78% by freeing a digger (time them at different heights), but I'm glad you kept the target at 78%...!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 07:16:56 AM »
OK, I've added more level pictures of 2 packs each from Insane Steve, Juanjo, DragonsLover, Tumble Weed, and Hubert and Bart (Hubbart). (For Tumble Weed's, I skipped his training pack 00, and I don't have a picture of the 10th level of 02, because it crashes for me...)

We haven't nominated the next pack yet. I'm wondering if it's better to review one from someone who frequents the forum or not. Certainly those by those on the forum could be more helpful, but if we reviewed other packs we could probably do them faster... Or we could mix it up...

So I'll nominate two and let someone else decide.
On forum: ISteve01.dat
Not on forum: Garjen00.dat

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2005, 10:39:48 AM »
I've started playing other people's levels.  They claim I need to use Custlemm, but I find that I can use lemmings and it'll play it all the same.  Oh, and custlemm worked on my computer(s), it's just that I didn't have it until now.  Unfortunately, all the levels in the Conway 01 pack I've beaten have already been reviewed.

I say we review Insane Steve's.  Maybe I can play his levels and keep up.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2005, 01:54:18 PM »
Timballisto, CustLemm is just the original Lemmings (actually, I think it's ONML) modified to easily read the "levelpak.dat" format instead of the "level00#.dat" format. You don't need it, but it makes life a lot easier.

Conway

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2005, 05:08:18 PM »
Yeah, if you want to play custom levels in Lemmings, you need to know which slots are for which levels, because most (all?) series of 10 levels in Lemmings are from a combination of different levelpacks. But Custlemm is better and more logical because it plays ten levels from one levelpack in the order they appear in Lemedit.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2005, 05:16:30 PM »
Level006.dat has levels Mayhem 4 through Mayhem 11 in a row, but all of the original Lemmings packs have only 8 levels in them, and Timballisto's packs have 8 levels in them so that would work...

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2005, 08:03:12 PM »
I have no problem with ISteve01 being next to be reviewed. It'll be interesting to see how my first levels look now that I know how to use LemEdit...

Conway01 - Stage 8: A Real Breakthrough

Good: I like how the level requires you to think somewhat about how to clear the three barriers. The layout is also cool-looking.

Bad: Timing the bombers exactly can be somewhat annoying.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2005, 09:18:55 PM »
I tried Custlemm this morning, but I have a question-what setting do you use?  At the beginning, you can say 1-4.  Which one do I pick?

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2005, 09:21:14 PM »
I tried Custlemm this morning, but I have a question-what setting do you use? &#A0;At the beginning, you can say 1-4. &#A0;Which one do I pick?

I use 1 (PC compatibles). These are the same choices you get when you try to run ONML. This is what you're talking about, right? Then again I run it under DOSBox, but I use #1 for ONML under XP and it works fine.