Author Topic: Kudos to the April Fools 2015  (Read 5598 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Kudos to the April Fools 2015
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:18:17 PM »
Okay namida, this April Fools mod is quite something, impressive!  I was going to give you a thumbs-up emoticon except that was replaced with a clam as well. x_x ;p

Quote from: testing
Clams Clam clams clam lemmings
We are the clams. Feed us your lemmings.  (Hmm, so how did the news message work?)

P.S. You forgot these smilies:  8-) :-\
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:56:52 PM by ccexplore »

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: Kudos to the April Fools 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »
Yes, this is a nice idea!  :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:58:04 PM »
Only posts are subject to the censor. All other replacements with "clam" were done manually. :) Thus, the news ticker was as simple as typing "lemmings". :P

And I assure you all smilies (as well as the read/unread posts icons on the main page) were replaced; however your browser might have cached the usual images. A forced refresh will fix that right up.

As a brief list of what was changed, in case anyone missed anything:
> News ticker: Entirely replaced with clams "fading" in and out and Clam-related messages.
> Board title: Changed to "Clams Forums"
> Board logo: Changed to match the above, though this said "Clam Forums" instead
> Subforum titles / descriptions: Changed "Lemmings" or "Lems" etc to "Clams"
> Read/unread topics icon: Changed to a semi-transparent clam and a solid clam respectively
> Userlevel titles: Admin, Global Mod and Mod changed to "Clamministrator" and "(Global) Clamerator"
> Smileys: All of them replaced with clams. Except those that were already clams, and nothing else. Which is pretty much just the clam smiley.
> Word filter: Word filter was turned on, with "Lemmings" and "Lems" being changed to "Clams" (and similar for their singular equivalents). "(Neo)Lemmix" also became "(Neo)Clammix", "(Super)Lemmini" became "(Super)Clammini", and several recently-discussed level packs names were also put on the filter, including GigaLems > GigaClams, MobiLems > MobiClams, and NepsterLems > NepsterClams - it actually appears Nepster already had this last idea as his post actually says NepsterClams, rather than just being hit by the censor.

As a slight spinoff, I also made references to this in two of the Lemmings-related youtube videos I uploaded yesterday.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope you enjoyed it, and didn't find it too inconvenient. :D

[edit: dammit, I did it again.  Somehow accidentally editing someone else's post instead of replying to it.  One downside to being admin.  --ccexplore]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:00:16 AM by ccexplore »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:03 AM »
Ah, the censor feature of the forum, would not have thought of using it for this. :thumbsup:  I thought maybe you modded the forum software to actually do the replacement on any text displayed anywhere.

Though it looks like parts of my original post have permanently turned into "Clam" while other parts haven't.  I guess this happens if you edit a post that has words censored, it effectively make the censoring permanent. :-\

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 12:11:23 AM »
Indeed, that would happen unless you manually revert it, or disable word filtering in your settings (which I believe is an option only available to administrators). I disabled mine while updating the ONML voteoff, but otherwise left it on for amusement's sake.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »
Aw man, and I missed it! :lem-mindblown:

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 08:06:48 AM »
I loved it! It was the first April Fools prank I saw, actually. I woke up, went to the toilet, checked the Lemmings Forums and realised "Oh, it's April Fools day today!" :)