Author Topic: Cognitive Dissonance Due to Killing Cute Lemmings  (Read 12368 times)

Sarendt

Re: Cognitive Dissonance Due to Killing Cute Lemmi
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 03:02:14 AM »
Thanks for the help with my anguish!!!  I will just think of them as moving on to another game instead of "dying".  Maybe they are just reincarnated to be used again!  Sorry so long in replying.  Have been away!  Maybe the makers of really violent games make everything scarry-looking instead of cute and harmess-looking so you won't feel bad about killing them!  Maybe if they said "GRRRRR" instead of "oh-no!" before they blow up it would help...  The look on their faces is so INNOCENT!!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 06:43:10 AM »
Lol! Lemmings are cute, :agree: But this isn't a violent game much.

Look, in Lemmings 3D, there's a cheat where you cursor is changed into a crosshair. When you clicked on a lemming, it died =8O. BUT, when any lemming died this way, it counted as saved like if it entered into the exit!

So, I don't think we could say that Lemmings games are violent with "gore" effects! Come on! :disagree:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Sarendt

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 03:17:30 PM »
OK, so maybe just one tutorial isn't enough.  I think I just felt bad because I was SOOOO bad at the game that everyone died but ONE lucky lemming.  Maybe I should play more and get better.... sorry to the sacrificial lemmings that will go "poof"

Andi

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 05:06:12 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1110137971/15#16 date=1112510590
Look, in Lemmings 3D, there's a cheat where you cursor is changed into a crosshair. When you clicked on a lemming, it died =8O. BUT, when any lemming died this way, it counted as saved like if it entered into the exit!

That's not 100% true. It doesn't count as saved, it counts as "slaughtered Lemmings". But if you have enough you still can access the next level.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 12:06:02 PM »
Ok... I didn't know. I didn't try this cheat code.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Meggy

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2005, 10:28:51 AM »
I  :agree: With DragonLover because The Lemmings Are sooo Cute & cuddly...But I just got one Question....Doe Anyone remember Lomax from the Adventures of Lomax?

Conway

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2005, 03:57:38 PM »
Yeah, he was cute too.