Author Topic: Player V1.29n-B, Editor V1.29n-B Released  (Read 12635 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.29n, Editor V1.29n-A Released
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 10:47:47 AM »
Shush. :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 08:25:39 PM »
I recently noticed that the first version of NeoLemix was 2.something MB in size then as you updated it slowly rose in size to over 4 MB until the latest version is back down to 2. Why is that? Just curious.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 10:55:12 PM »
The editor? That would be because of the inclusion of two copies of the graphic sets (traditional, nearly-unmodified ones (apart from steel added to Bubble set, and a few extra objects and extra steel sizes to the Xmas set) for traditional Lemmix editing, and the NeoLemmix-ised ones). Since it included these in both the normal DAT format, as well as the Lemmix Editor compiled format (which is quite large), each new graphic set - especially if it was duplicated over both variants, which is the case for most sets, apart from the LPIII ones and the Doomsday Lemmings style - added a fair bit to the file size.

The latest release removes the need to compile graphic sets, thus cutting their large size out of the total filesize, and bringing it down.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.29n, Editor V1.29n-B Released
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 02:32:51 AM »
Uploaded V1.29n-B of the editor. This fixes a couple of significant bugs in V1.29n-A relating to the new style handling.

Note that I haven't yet installed my web-editing software on my new PC, so the NeoLemmix Website still says it has V1.29n-A of the editor. However, when you actually download it, it will indeed be V1.29n-B. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.29n-B, Editor V1.29n-B Released
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 05:01:24 AM »
Uploaded V1.29n-B of the players. This fixes a small handful of bugs, as well as giving stoners explosion particles now. This includes (still unofficial) updates to all Lemmings Plus packs, but still nothing for Doomsday Lemmings. (Note: Like with the editor, the website currently *says* it has V1.29n, but the download itself is V1.29n-B.)

There's a few final touches to do with the Doomsday Lemmings update, specifically relating to MAIN.DAT (need to recolor some stuff, as Doomsday Lemmings used a slightly different palette, which I didn't take into account when upgrading its MAIN.DAT to V1.29n format), but once that's done there'll be an official update of it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:25:26 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects