Author Topic: Forum users' birth years  (Read 9026 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Forum users' birth years
« on: February 15, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »
Hey folks,

I've compiled this list of LF.net user birth years.

Most info comes from the 2005 topic How old are you lemmings fan? The posts are from January 2005, for simplicity I've assumed everyone there not to have had their birthday in that year yet.

Quotes from IRC:

<SimonN> ccx considers 23 a ripe old age, oh my (this was in the 2005 topic, of course)

<SimonN> the spambots have birthday throughout the year

<Akseli> SimonN: You want to compile everyone's birth year into the same topic? :P
<SimonN> yes, so we can point and laugh at how we thought 23 was an old age
<namida42> heh, why, how old did you expect i'd be? :P

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:36:03 PM by Simon »

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: Forum users' birth years
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:36:55 PM »
(Interesting stuff there Simon)  :thumbsup:

At first a long time ago I was thinking that there would of been a lot of 50 year olds but how wrong was I.   :) Back in 2005 I would of only have been 16, all thanks to my dad who got me into lemmings in the first place.

I beat my dad 7-3 today playing the oh no more lemmings two player, a lot of good battles.

I'm glad that a lot of us younger people are into lemmings and we can pass the awesomeness onto the next generation.  :thumbsup:

You must be older than myself Simon.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:50:04 AM »
GuyPerfect is only 9 (supposedly) :P. That puts his date of birth at... 2005?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:17:52 AM »
GP was allegedly 9 back in 2010. His birth date is not open source. (-:

-- Simon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:39:29 AM »
Unless (s?)he's a very talented child actor/actress, GP's probably not that young, although maybe it's fun to pretend he is 9 when reading some of his various replies...... ;P

Where was this "9" thing coming from anyway?  Feels like a funny story I missed......

Most info comes from the 2005 topic How old are you lemmings fan? The posts are from January 2005, for simplicity I've assumed everyone there not to have had their birthday in that year yet.

Um, aren't you off by one?  You said you take into account most people probably have not had their 2005 birthday yet in January when the posts were made, in which case their birthyear should be 2004 - stated_age, rather than 2005 - stated_age as you seem to be calculating in your list.  For example, 2004 - 23 would be 1981. ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »
Um, aren't you off by one?  You said you take into account most people probably have not had their 2005 birthday yet in January when the posts were made, in which case their birthyear should be 2004 - stated_age, rather than 2005 - stated_age as you seem to be calculating in your list.  For example, 2004 - 23 would be 1981. ;)

I wrote 1981 first, then Akseli believed you had your birthday very early in the year and suggested 1982.

Lots of list entries were dug up by the IRC users after making this thread; the 2005 thread was the inspiration.

-- Simon

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 03:25:46 AM »
I remember that topic -- lots of names there that I haven't seen in a while! Seems I'm more or less in the middle of the pack in terms of age at this point.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
Guy Perfect seemed very mature in his replies, surely he can't be 9.  ??? I think that might be a joke age, oh well sometimes people might prefer not to reveal their age.

I can think of others but not too sure if they would want to revel their age, I know there were some newer members who are younger than GigaLem but they have only posted a few times on the forum.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 05:30:22 PM »
My year of birth was (and still is) 1999! I have a reasonable chance to witness three centuries! ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 12:39:23 AM »
From IRC right now:

<Akseli> [link to Ichotolot's pack release video]  German Lemmings forumer talking with his German accent !
<SimonN> ze pack
<SimonN> always fun to learn how people come from elsewhere than US/Britain
<Akseli> Yes :D nationalities almost should be listed like the age topic with the birth years
<Akseli> http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=967.0 nationality topic
<SimonN> good project
<SimonN> http://asdfasdf.ethz.ch/~simon/etc/age-topic.txt

So, we have added a couple locations (country + town) to the birth year listing. We hope not to step on people's feet with this. The town should be reasonably obscure. It's not sharing snail- or e-mail adresses.

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »
<SimonN> http://asdfasdf.ethz.ch/~simon/etc/age-topic.txt[/i]

Nationality confirmed ;) (wrote it also in "ze" video description)
Also sent you a pm with my brithyear and town for the list.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 09:53:39 AM »
Well... just realized Simon and I come from the same town :lem-mindblown:
The world is just a tiny place.......