Author Topic: Oh no! havoc 5: madness in the method  (Read 8175 times)

Nxau

Oh no! havoc 5: madness in the method
« on: January 18, 2005, 03:53:40 PM »
hey,

I really don't see how to make this one. Don't tell me the solution, I don't wanna hear it.
Just tell me if it's a really hard level or if it's just me stuck in a bowl.

thanks

Conway

Re: Oh no! havoc 5: madness in the method
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 04:41:39 PM »
I was really stuck on that one too, until I read half the solution, then I knew the rest. It uses a very clever and unique trick. Clue: <clue deleted>

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 04:49:08 PM »
Took me a while, too....... I got it without help though  B)

Don't let the title mislead you; the solution can be reached logically. Just think about what skills you've got and how you can use them. (You have to get down from that wall first, and the bomb can't be used..........)

Other thing is, it's quite hard even when you know the answer, so keep at it! You'll get there.

EDIT: Conway, please delete that clue. It gives far too much away, and he said he didn't want to be told.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 04:49:12 PM »
This level is really tricky indeed, one of the best of ONML! Took me a good while to figure out, and it's actually pretty annoying to pull of correctly...

Conway

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 06:48:52 PM »
I didn't think the clue gave too much away. :???: Never mind.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 07:45:43 PM »
Ahh yes, There IS madness in the method. Took me ages; even with the required solution on paper in front of me. And then I used that climber [Cut to prevent telling the solution]

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 04:22:13 AM »
This level was, if I remember correctly, of only medium difficulty to me, personally, when I ran through the Havoc set. Then again, maybe it was just because Havoc 4 was VERY hard for me, and I figured out the main trick to this level via the "There's really no other ways I can think of that work" method, and the second part was just an extension of it.

That said, I love the trick used. You'll see it a couple times (In a varient form) in my upcoming to be eventually released Cheapo packs.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 12:10:16 PM »
I really liked this level when I finally solved it.
During my many trials, I also tried out some other and I think interesting ways which didn't work unfortunately.
I decided to remake this level using one of these ways.
A slightly terrain change and one less climber.
I checked out, it's in both WinLemm and Original Lemmings solvable, in orig lemmings it's a bit easier since the max. safe fall distance seems to be higher.
I don't know about your playing, therefore I cannot say whether this level will be easy or hard for you.
I hope you'll try it out (and that the link works ;)): http://de.geocities.com/geoo89/mmethod.zip
PS: It could have backroutes.
PPS: I recommend 'Rondo alla turca' as music for this level. ;) (If you can choose)