Author Topic: [Android] Bunny Mania 2 HD - free on Amazon for today [2014/08/24] only  (Read 2926 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
This game "Bunny Mania 2 HD" shows up as Amazon's "free app of the day" app (for Android), and it looks like a lemmings clone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDY6HW6

It's still downloading (~34 MB), I'll update the post once/if I have actually played it a little.  The game normally sells for $2.11 USD, but will be free for August 24 for 24 hours (I think starting from 12 am in PST, which is GMT-7 I think?).

The Amazon web page for the game also has an intriguing "Test Drive" feature, which sounds like it lets you try the game a little on the PC through streaming (ie. the game runs on simulated phone on Amazon's servers, with video and sound streaming from simulator server onto your PC, while your mouse inputs stream back to the game).  Haven't tried that either though (it probably won't work well anyway on my home's Internet connection which can barely handle even the lowest resolution Youtube videos).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: [Android] Bunny Mania 2 HD - free on Amazon for today [2014/08/24] only
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
I've tried it a little and yeah, definitely a lemmings clone, though maybe easier than lemmings (so far anyway?).  It's actually closest to Lemmings 3 I think, with the unlimited walkers/stoppers, and some level showcases pick-up skills (most levels also start you off with set number of skills, so it's not all pick-up though).  It looks like they score you based on number of bunnies making to the exit as well as how many extra vegetables the bunnies were able to pick up along the way.

The game seems to be taking its time introducing skills, either that or they feature far fewer skills than lemmings.  I've gone through about 10 levels so far and I've only encountered basically miners and platformers (in addition to the unlimted blockers/walkers).  You can't skip levels so I have to say it's taking maybe a little longer than I'd like for things to get more interesting.  The bunnies also move a little slower than I like--even at fast forward they seem to be moving slower than your average lix or lemming.  (Note: also possible maybe fast forward not working properly on my setup, nevertheless, the game runs smoothly with no lag, so at least at normal speed bunnies are moving too slow for me).

So I probably wouldn't have paid for the game, but as I've downloaded it for free thanks to Amazon, I'm willing to play it a little every now and then and see if the later levels become more interesting for me.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 04:51:18 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up on this. :thumbsup:

It seems this also applies in the UK today, too, though I'm a bit reluctant to use Amazon's app-store myself, for want of not having unnecessary extras on my devices.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 04:52:39 PM »
I grabbed a copy of it, I'll probably give it a go over the next week or so.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 06:00:06 PM »
I caved and grabbed it. I agree with ccexplore's take on the speed - fast forward is more like what you'd expect a normal game speed to be, and viewing it that way, it's nice to have the option to slow it down a little!

I've only played a few levels so far, and I like it. I like how they've handled the releasing of Blockers - that's been done better than it was in The Lemmings Chronicles, I think.

One thing I can definitely say at this point is that they've done more to counter the inherent inaccuracy of capacitive touch-screens than was done with Lemmings Touch. I also like the fact that it's not trying to do more than it can given the hardware that it's running on, or changing things up for the sake of it - it's a "shameless" Lemmings clone, and that's a good thing.