Author Topic: There are many moods of Max...  (Read 5520 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
There are many moods of Max...
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:45:08 PM »
If you haven't seen him before, this is my mascot lemming, Max. I made him to go to various places and wear various outfits, after I found that some clothing and accessories from Build-A-Bear Workshop and compatible brands fits my plush lemmings.

We've seen a couple of his outfits before - samurai, and hoodie;

Samurai Max.

Hoodie Max.

Today, I retrieved a bunch of teddy bear clothes that I bought for another project but ultimately never used, and most of them looked pretty good on Max, so I figured I'd start cataloguing his outfits and sharing pictures, because I'm daft like that. ;)

Firstly, we have a simple bandana. I thought it looked cute, but it's not so handy for the approaching colder weather!

This, on the other hand, is. It's a winter coat with a faux-fur trim. Not quite Polar Tribe-style, but still pretty warm. ;)

And last of all, and my absolute favourite so far;

A Jedi Knight outfit. Unfortunately, the accompanying brown robe was far too big for him, but the rest of it fit him fine. I particularly like the fact that the pouch on the belt can be opened and used to store (tiny) items. I also retrieved...

... A plush Lightsabre! And it makes sounds when you squeeze it, too. Does this make Max a Jedi Knight, now, or is a Lemi Knight perhaps a more fitting term? Or just Old Lem Kenobi, perhaps? :D Either way, you probably won't find any lemmings like this in the Space Tribe.

More pictures to follow as and when he adds more outfits to his wardrobe. ;)

EDIT: And here's one more;

A knitted jumper with an anchor on it. Hey, it's cold. ;P

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Re: There are many moods of Max...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:17:05 AM »
Well, I did eventually collect a few more outfits to round out Max's wardrobe, so here's one final update to this daft thread. ;)

Max wearing a red backpack. The bag is big enough to hold the below items...

Max with a Geeky Shirt and Dice Bag set, which I made.

Max in his raincoat.

Max as a knight!

Also being a knight, Lomax borrowed the sword and shield from the above. I loved taking this shot, because he looks so typically reluctant while wielding the things. :D

Who knew that lemmings watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Here's Max wearing a TMNT hoodie, and proving that green-haired lemmings can pull off the green-clothes look almost as well as the blue-haired kind can. ;)

And, finally, here's Max wearing a Santa Claus outfit. This picture was made for a brief Christmas posting on my website, and I love how it came out.

Since the plushes made by Gaya Entertainment are typically in a similar scale to (if not a bit larger than) my own work, their official Lemmings plushes are likely to fit these clothes as well, which should be neat, especially if they don't happen to make an official Christmas Lemmings plush as part of their line-up. :thumbsup:

lemming_1

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »
Wow, you are so talented!  :thumbsup:

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:00:01 PM »
Heh, thanks very much! :D

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
Yes, an excellent compilation. This is the kind of work/topic the forum needs more of.

I have a hard time to reply to topics when there are no bugs to report. >_>

-- Simon

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 11:25:49 PM »
Oh wow, this is really cool! So many moods indeed.

My favourites are the hoodie lemming (slick style, by the way), Lem Kenobi (I'm a star wars geek at heart, I admit it), and the knight suit. The shiny fabric is really eye-catching.

The raincoat lemming is positively adorable. Is that coat really waterproof?

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:58:47 PM »
Yes, an excellent compilation. This is the kind of work/topic the forum needs more of.
Thanks very much! And it's so much fun, too - I've got more things on the way for this section (be that here, or at the new place once the transition's complete), no worries. :thumbsup:

Oh wow, this is really cool! So many moods indeed.
Thanks also. :D And extra points if you, or anyone, got the possibly slightly obscure movie reference in the title (it's relevant to both rodents and clothing made for toys, hence the choice).

My favourites are the hoodie lemming (slick style, by the way), Lem Kenobi (I'm a star wars geek at heart, I admit it), and the knight suit. The shiny fabric is really eye-catching.
My own favourites are the knight armour (as well as Lomax's reluctant effort at using the sword and shield :D), the bandana, the anchor jumper, and the TMNT hoodie, I think. I do hope that the outfits all fit the official plushes well enough, when those come along, as that would be fun to mess around with.

Agreed on the shiny fabric on the knight getup being eye-catching, incidentally. When I bought it, which I did online, I wasn't sure from the photos whether it would look gaudy or cool, but it turned out that it looks really good in person.

The raincoat lemming is positively adorable. Is that coat really waterproof?
Alas, it isn't. It's all for looks, as it has a cotton lining that water can easily get at when it's being worn. Not that I've tried that, of course - it's just obvious from looking at it up-close.

That said, at least it's waterproof from this virtual rain!

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 11:09:32 PM »
Yes, great work, as always! My favorite is the raincoat Lemming :thumbsup: