Author Topic: SuperLemmini 0.104a  (Read 171544 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: SuperLemmini 0.93a
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
Reuploaded the latest version of the editor with the infinity issue fixed. :)

Another NeoLemmix feature that I reckon people might find very useful and would suggest adding (at some point, anyway; it is a bit of a tricky one to implement) is the oddtabling; or at least some form of oddtabling.
I'll look into implementing this, but probably not in the next version.

If it helps, the way this is done in NeoLemmix is that the level loading routine has an optional additional parameter which tells it if it's loading a level normally or loading it for oddtabling. In the latter case, it just overwrites the already-in-memory level with the new one, but doesn't load certain data (instead preserving the ones from the initially loaded level).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.94
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 04:29:43 AM »
SuperLemmini 0.94 is here, and it's probably the biggest update since 0.90! Here are the changes:
  • Rewrote the dialog boxes using the GUI builder in NetBeans.
  • Player files now track completed levels and various records as well as what levels are unlocked.
  • Level selection is now a dialog box with a tree instead of a menu, similar to Windows Lemmings. Level stats and records are now displayed in this dialog box. (There is currently no preview image in this dialog box, but it may be added later.)
  • Moved "Load Level" to the level selection dialog and renamed it to "Load External Level."
  • Added support for DAT level packs. Levels inside DAT files must be in LVL format.
  • In cheat mode, it's now possible to advance a frame by clicking the play area.
  • Implemented non-integer zoom levels. The zoom menu now has options for x1.5 and x2.5. "Custom" has also been added, which allows the player to specify any zoom level x1 or greater. (Bilinear filtering is strongly recommended when using a non-integer zoom level!)
  • Terrain pieces can now be flipped horizontally. To flip a piece, add 32 to its modifier. Support for flipped terrain pieces in LVL files has also been added. Objects can also be flipped horizontally by adding 8 to the flags.
  • Added "oddtable" support to level files, which allows a level to use the objects, terrain, steel, and other parameters of another level. See the level documentation for details. (The main levels now use this feature where appropriate, so resource extraction is required.)
  • Changed uses of String and File for file names to Path wherever possible. I hope I didn't mess anything up in the process.
  • Temporary level and replay files are now saved to a "temp" folder.
  • When classic steel is not enabled, miners hitting steel no longer move forward before becoming a walker. This should prevent such miners from becoming stuck in certain cases.
  • If a blocker becomes a walker or faller, the blocker mask is now removed before the lemming is moved.
  • Solid pixels of non-steel terrain pieces no longer erase terrain from the stencil in autosteel mode 2.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the "R" image from being visible if the game window was scaled.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the minimap frame width to be incorrect under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a crash that occurs if a format 0 level containing negative steel entries is loaded.

The Genesis levels have also been updated to take advantage of the oddtable feature.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2014, 05:43:26 AM »
A minor glitch: When objects are flipped (whether horizontal or vertical), their colors are slightly off.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 05:56:32 AM »
A minor glitch: When objects are flipped (whether horizontal or vertical), their colors are slightly off.
I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you post a few screenshots, both with print screen and with the S key (which saves an image of the full level to level.png)?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2014, 06:40:57 AM »
It appears to be style-specific. For example, it doesn't seem to happen in the Crystal style, but it does in the Marble and Brick styles. I attached some shots.

EDIT: I just noticed (no screenshot included for that reason) that it's EXTREMELY noticable on the falling rock trap in the dirt set. On anything else it's relatively subtle.

EDIT: Another thing I've noticed (though this might be intentional or just seen as unnessecary) is that chain-oddtabling isn't supported. For example, in NeoLemmix, if Fun 1 oddtables Fun 2, and Fun 2 in turn oddtables Fun 3, then when you play Fun 1, it'll load the map etc from Fun 3. But in SuperLemmini, it would load it from Fun 2 (and depending on whether Fun 2 has the full information or just the bare minimum needed for oddtabling, it would possibly crash). On that note, the crash dialog that pops up in this case doesn't respond to clicking Ok, and at this point SuperLemmini must be Ctrl+Alt+Del'd.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2014, 07:37:08 AM »
I see what you mean. I loaded your screenshots in GIMP to check the color values, and it looks like something is increasing the red values of many of the colors. I haven't been able to get that to happen to me, though. Can you attach a level file that's affected?

Ensuring the following might help:
  • You're not running in 16-bit color mode.
  • The latest drivers for your video card are installed.
  • The latest version of Java 7 or Java 8 is installed.

If none of that works, go into Color Management (you can type that or colorcpl.exe in the start menu's search bar), select your monitor in the drop-down menu at the top, and look for the ICC profile that's labeled "(default)". What's the profile called?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »
1) 32-bit, 1360x768.
2) They are.
3) I did have an out-of-date version, but I updated to the latest Java 7 and it still wouldn't work. I'll try Java 8 and see if that makes a difference.

No color management profiles are listed.

EDIT: The issue does not occur with Java 8.
My Lemmings projects

Offline uci

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
Hi,

Support for DAT level packs is a great addition. Now many archived levels can be played in Superlemmini almost instantly. It is a great player!

However, I have found a level that crashes the game (see attached file). It also crashes Lemmini so I suspect is something with the file itself.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2014, 09:44:20 PM »
It is indeed a problem with the level itself - the 10th terrain piece in the level is Piece #50, but the Snow graphic set only has up to Piece #37. I'm not sure about Lemmix or NeoLemmix players (didn't try), but the NeoLemmix Editor doesn't handle it much better than SuperLemmini is - it doesn't crash, but it still throws a fit about it. xD

Here's an edited copy of that level with the faulty piece removed. Does this work better?
My Lemmings projects

Offline uci

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 06:02:53 AM »
Yes, it works!
How did you edit the level file?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »
Yes, it works!
How did you edit the level file?

I was able to use NeoLemmix Editor to *idenitfy* the issue, but the only way I was able to actually *fix* it was manually changing it with a hex editor.
My Lemmings projects

Offline uci

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2014, 04:18:17 PM »
Hi,

I have a request regarding Supelemmini. I don't know if it is good but here it is.

Since we can play now so many packed levels I would like to put all these files in a specific folder and let Supelemmini read this folder when it starts. The player will then browse the created tree and choose a level from. Maybe a rating system could be implemented to keep track of how good a level is and/or how difficult it is.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2014, 09:48:51 PM »
EDIT: Another thing I've noticed (though this might be intentional or just seen as unnessecary) is that chain-oddtabling isn't supported. For example, in NeoLemmix, if Fun 1 oddtables Fun 2, and Fun 2 in turn oddtables Fun 3, then when you play Fun 1, it'll load the map etc from Fun 3. But in SuperLemmini, it would load it from Fun 2 (and depending on whether Fun 2 has the full information or just the bare minimum needed for oddtabling, it would possibly crash). On that note, the crash dialog that pops up in this case doesn't respond to clicking Ok, and at this point SuperLemmini must be Ctrl+Alt+Del'd.
Chaining is probably difficult to implement given how timeLimit/timeLimitSeconds and xPos/xPosCenter work, but I'll give it a shot. And I will certainly look into fixing the unresponsive dialog.

EDIT: The issue does not occur with Java 8.
My testing environment uses Java 7 (because that's what I compile SuperLemmini for), and the issue doesn't exist there either. What video card are you using? (I use an AMD Radeon HD 6870.)

Hi,

I have a request regarding Supelemmini. I don't know if it is good but here it is.

Since we can play now so many packed levels I would like to put all these files in a specific folder and let Supelemmini read this folder when it starts. The player will then browse the created tree and choose a level from. Maybe a rating system could be implemented to keep track of how good a level is and/or how difficult it is.
Do you mean putting the converted INI files in a certain folder as though you're making a Lemmini level pack? Or do you mean putting the actual DAT files there and having the game load those automatically?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
I have one of those dual-switching-GPU laptops with an Intel HD and a NVidia GeForce GT 540M. I'm not entirely sure which one Java was trying to run from; though it's probably the NVidia, as I don't think the HDMI-out (which I use an external display on; I don't use the internal one) is connected to the Intel.
My Lemmings projects

Offline uci

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
Do you mean putting the converted INI files in a certain folder as though you're making a Lemmini level pack? Or do you mean putting the actual DAT files there and having the game load those automatically?
The second one!