Author Topic: Archimedes Software Preservation Project legally releases Lemmings for Arc/RPC  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
The Archimedes Software Preservation Project, which has obtained permission to legally redistribute a large amount of software for the Acorn Archimedes and RISC PC machines, has now officially released the Arc and RPC versions of Lemmings as free downloads. (I posted about the announcement of this some time ago, but somehow I then managed to miss the actual release, which occurred in October! :scared: )

The project also holds the rights to release the Acorn versions of Oh No! More Lemmings, and Lemmings 2: The Tribes, in this fashion, but at the time of writing it would appear that these have not yet been released.

These titles, and the project's other releases, can be used with real and emulated Archimedes and RISC PCs, via a tool called ADFFS (I believe that these releases are also meant to be patched for modern RISC OS-compatible machines such as the Raspberry Pi, too, but I don't have the time to look into this right now). You can find them at the links below;

Lemmings (Archimedes Version) (1991)
Lemmings (RISC PC Version) (2001)

:thumbsup: