Author Topic: Things in Lemmings that you just found out  (Read 3696 times)

Offline arttu98

• View Profile
Things in Lemmings that you just found out
« on: December 25, 2013, 10:44:36 PM »
Are there things in Lemmings that you just discovered? I just found out that Lemmings is available for Gameboy Color.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Things in Lemmings that you just found out
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
Today I found a way to save all the Lemmings in Crystal point: http://youtu.be/Fkbjy78oMR8
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »
Yesterday I noticed the height of the entrance in Just Dig and Ozone Friendly Lemmings is different in the PSP. The one in Ozone is lower.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:32:02 AM »
This is in fact a really interesting topic and I remember wondering all kinds of stuff when I two years ago discovered these forums, for some reason I hadn't posted much about that back then.

Clam's tricks and glitches topics of course blew my mind about my all time favourite video game, I hadn't even a clue about such thing as climber-stuck-in-a-ceiling, for example. The biggest mind-blow experience was when I saw giant's leap glitch in a challenge solution replay for Tricky 28 - "Lost something?".

I also had my mind blown when I read this post. I never thought that no Bubble level in ONML had steel blocks, I was really amazed.

Today I learned something new again... this.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:03:29 PM »
Today I found a way to save all the Lemmings in Crystal point: http://youtu.be/Fkbjy78oMR8
*I give myself a facepalm* I just realized that you don't really have to use the release rate to save every Lemmings. You can just mine the blocker then bash to stop him.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »
The Japanese boxart of the PSP version has a blocker in the air: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/928435-lemmings/images/box-72609
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 05:44:09 AM »
The trigger area of the flamethrower that faces the right side, doesn't cover the whole object so the Lemmings can fall through the gray part.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 12:42:39 AM »
Well I guess this could be classified in the last couple of years as it was something I never knew about before but in the levels where the lemming gets trapped in a wall and if you were to get him to bash the right way yes this is possible without using the arrow keys in the windows version. (The version I'm mainly talking about is the Atari st and Amiga)

The all or nothing level is a brilliant example of this where you have to bash the right way on three occassions, Now to get this perfect with this one you must put the mouse arrow in the opposite direction to where you want to bash and after this make sure that you only clip the side a little bit with the basher and you should be okay he should bash the right way, It does not always work but it's something like an 85% chance it will work.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 01:16:42 AM »
Yes, that's a consequence of the L1 walker physics.

Lemmings will walk into the wall, turn, and remain inside until the next logic update. With precision, the cursor can be moved such that only lemmings in the wall are under it. Assignments will only target lemmings facing away from the wall. Detailed post about these physics.

-- Simon

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 01:19:41 AM »
Many thanks Simon will give that a look.  :thumbsup: