Author Topic: "L2 - Judge the Play"  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
"L2 - Judge the Play"
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:17:51 AM »
I was just wondering if any of you guys knew about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQEDCPu9D4E

It's a seemingly-official promotional animation that was released for the Amiga in September of 1992, to promote Lemmings 2 a few months in advance of its initial release. It's a weird little parody of the bar scene in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, and it seems to be fairly little-known.

I became aware of it earlier and found that it's been on Aminet since it was released (though I've had no luck with running the executable - it just shows a garbled mess on my emulated setup). The above video also suggests that it was distributed along with the promotional demo Xmas Lemmings 1992, but the disk image I have of this isn't the one in the video, nor have I been able to find it (yet?).

Anyway, yeah, there don't seem to be many mentions of this out there at all, so I just figured I'd post about it to see what you guys make of it. I love all things Lemmings-lore and such, so I was rather happy to see it, myself. :P

EDIT: Found the necessary disk image. I've attached it to the post.

EDIT 2: A second disk image exists containing only the animation. I've attached that now, also.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: "L2 - Judge the Play"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:33:08 AM »
Haha! Very interesting! :thumbsup: In my case, no, I didn't know about it, obviously because I was on ST in that time. I wasn't expecting that and I must say, it is really cool!

"I'll be back!" 8)

Very nice find there!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: "L2 - Judge the Play"
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:28:58 PM »
Hi everyone

I was the same as yourself Dragonslover with being on the St but I think I somehow remember it from a long time ago.